Search bar results?

Having trouble logging in, posting pics etc etc then check out the how to's in here.
Veemax
My Bike: ZXR400L

Search bar results?

Post by Veemax »

Just a quick observation about the search bar results. I always like to do a search first about any questions that I have, otherwise I get the hint to use the search facility (other web sites that I’ve used, not this one). I’ve found in the past that the search results were always well populated and very valuable. I’ve recently done a search for “linkage and NWS”, although not using any Boolean search terms- no results! I’ve even used the advanced search tool, but no change. I’ve even done a search for just “linkage”- no results, which is strange! Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what I may be doing wrong? I have a feeling that the historisation of message text, for the search database, has a cut off to quite recent dates.
Veemax

Re: Search bar results?

Post by Veemax »

If I do a search now for “linkage”, I find only one post containing the word linkage, that which I posted yesterday! If I do a search using Google for “Zxrword” and “linkage” I’m able to find much, much more, for example http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400oc/view ... 1&start=30
There’s a good explanation of the various rear shock linkage ratios. For the moment, it looks like Google is my best option, especially if I’m able to circumvent all the irrelevant results of advertisements!
Veemax

Post by Veemax »

Perhaps there’s a filter that’s not visible, for example- filter date range of results, newer than or older than. I’ve tried the advance search- modifying the “Limit results to previous:”- changing the date settings, but no change in results. The thing is- this forum is such a valuable tool, I’ve seen a number of forums that have migrated to Facebook, but as far as I know, is not searchable for vital information. ZXRWorld is literally worth its weight in gold (especially after the upcoming gold revaluation), we owe a debt of gratitude to all those who are involved in keeping this web site alive.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

Hmmm... Yes I agree with your findings, must be the way the DB is searched/indexed...

I will raise it with the boss :smt003
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hey, ok so the search isn't responding as it should, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I rebuilt the search index which amazingly blew out the forum over the last 24 hours, now we are back online i shall try again, we may disappear for a bit but at least now i know how to fix it.
adios amigos
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Veemax wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 pm
Just a quick observation about the search bar results. I always like to do a search first about any questions that I have, otherwise I get the hint to use the search facility (other web sites that I’ve used, not this one). I’ve found in the past that the search results were always well populated and very valuable. I’ve recently done a search for “linkage and NWS”, although not using any Boolean search terms- no results! I’ve even used the advanced search tool, but no change. I’ve even done a search for just “linkage”- no results, which is strange! Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what I may be doing wrong? I have a feeling that the historisation of message text, for the search database, has a cut off to quite recent dates.
Try now :-) :excited
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

Ah yes, I forgot to do this...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Veemax

Post by Veemax »

Thanks very much for all your help. The search facility is back to it’s normal self. It’s been a tremendous asset to me over the years, far too valuable to lose.