My "new" ZXR400 and the other toys I have

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

martin
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

My "new" ZXR400 and the other toys I have

Post by martin »

Hi

As some of you may know I have always liked the green machines. I had a ZXR750 1994 model green ofcourse. I sold it and bought a 1998 ZX9-R which I lost my license on back in 2005. Then I went racebike. A GSX-R1000 K2 which I did ride professionaly back in 2006. If you search my posts on this forum you may find that I have talked about getting a ZXR400 since 2005.

Then I fell of a snowmobile doing 2mph in easter 2007 and almost killed myself. The green hunger was still there. I have a limited head now. And I have always had a limited ability to behave according to the speedlimits.

I am happy to say that the ZXR400 is everything I wanted it to be. As you see on the picture below I like the high revving machines.

My Honda NSX has a rev limiter which is on 8200rpm and I have tested it on my way home from Switzerland in 2003 up to 275km/h. A lot of fun.

The ZXR400 gives me the thrills I want at a lower speed. I see that "arg now I am driving fast"..I look down on the speedo and I have less speed then I thought I had. Very nice.

Another one of the two together. I also have 1983 Golf II which will probably be trashed next spring. I will buy myself something fun. Maybe a Renault Clio Sport.

I have ridden the ZXR400 since 05.07.09. I have done 3245km. With a average of 0.626 per 10km. The odo is now at 17962km. I thought that something was wrong the first times I drove it. The carbs seemed out of sync at below 4150rpm. But at 4200rpm everything is good. And things starts to happen at 7000rpm. And then from 8000 to 14000 rpm things goes like a rocket.

I have a complete green fairing set I bought from China. I will put it on when I feel like it. The China green is not the same as Kawasaki green. So I may now buy a fueltank that I will get painted in the same colour as the China plastic.

I have new braided brake hoses laying around. I am looking forward to getting them put on. The rear light was changed into some LED's from Ebay. Not yet hooked up the blinkers there. Will do it this winter.

So I am very happy with the ZXR. I have not been around here much. I have been busy riding my bike and ofcourse the NSX. It is a short season up here in the north. So I try to ride as much as I can.

Here is a picture of another toy I just had to buy. Goes like crazy :-)

Regards
Martin Bergvill
Kawasaki Zx9R-98 sold, Honda NSX Sebring Silver, Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2 racebike for sale, L5 ZXR400. Honda Civic SI some time
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: My "new" ZXR400 and the other toys I have

Post by RedexRobB »

Very very pleased to hear that you got the ZXR all ok. I know you had to go through an importers and pleased they held thier end of the bargain. Both the car and bike are looking fantastic tho. You must be one of very few in sweden to have one of these bikes, o you must be happy!
martin

Post by martin »

Hi

Thanks. I took a chance. Sent money to Germany without anyone checking out the bike. It looked good on the pictures I got. And it does look good in person.

I could have bought a ZX6-R or a ZX9-R for the money I used on the ZXR400. But that was not the point. I wanted a ZXR400 and I bought one. Friends of mine has said that I will buy a faster bike next year.

I do not think so at all. The ZXR400 is fun. And makes me have fun at a lower speed. Still too fast. But at a much lower speed than the other bikes.

I am from Norway. But I was actually in Sweden the other day. I live next to the border and I like to drive there from time to time.

I have never seen a ZXR400. I saw one for sale 200km south of here. But it was a 1991 model. There are not many of this one around.

Regards
Martin Bergvill
Kawasaki Zx9R-98 sold, Honda NSX Sebring Silver, Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2 racebike for sale, L5 ZXR400. Honda Civic SI some time
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Glad you got it in the end mate, looks very nice! as do the other toys lol, hope you enjoy it as much as you hoped!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
martin

Post by martin »

Hi

I am still here. I got a PM to say hello or bug out. I want to stay. Things are crazy busy though and I have not had time to post.

It is middel of winter with snow and stuff over here. I had a little problems with my ZXR400 last summer. A burnt cord to the battery prevented charging and the battery had to be replaced. And also the cord had to replaced.

I learned the "hard" way how to use the choke on the ZXR400. I almost does not use the choke at all to start the bike. And that works. Not like the ZXR750 and the ZX9-R I had where I used full choke.

New daily beater is on it's way. I have the ZXR400 to have fun with. Then I also have the Honda NSX. My daily beater had been a Vw Golf I 1983 model. Next saturday a new daily beater will be here.

It's a Honda Civic SI Mugen from the US. 2008 model. Only 1000 made in 2008. It will be a blast. Will take some time before I have it legal on the road over here.

Best regards

Martin
Martin Bergvill