Vard's ZXR 400 L4

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Re: Vard's ZXR 400 L4

Post by Vard66 »

*Update!*

Right.

Trying to make a concerted effor to turn this into a proper spec thread, so have edited and updated the OP, including the head gasket and full service I just carried out, and the new black levers I just fitted - mainly because I needed to replace the uncomfortable brake lever, which as you can see in the photo below, was bent like a rapier handle, from when I dropped the bike in the road.

I might get time to wash her on Sunday, so I'll take some up to date pictures then - there are still currently no reasonable pictures of my ZXR with the new tail tidy arrangement, the Renntec grab rail, and now with the new levers, so I gotta sort that out...

biggrin

On the downside, I diagnosed (with some help from zimm and my friend Ian riding it up the road so I could listen to it) the bike with a shagged sprocket carrier bearing yesterday. Hopefully today, my local mechanic Martin Ashby (the ex-speedway rider) will be able to press in a new 6205 for me, so I can ride it to work later.

Here's hoping.
Vard.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Re: Vard's ZXR 400 L4

Post by Vard66 »

New 6205zzc3 in the sprocket carrier, and all reassembled.

Also drained a little of the oil, as I noticed it was slightly overfilled.
Vard.