My new zxr

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

My new zxr

Post by Leanne_zxr »

I've just recently bought another zxr off bikerz from this forum. Its not much of a project at the moment so I hope it will eventually deserve to have this thread! Id like a nice full ss system, rear sets, re powder coat wheels various bits of more carbon I can find. Also due for a front end strip down and replace the headstock bearings.

Ive got lots of things planned I'd like to do that I never got round to with my last bike but just thought I'd start by posting a few updated pictures of my bike which recent additions include a carbon rear hugger and db screen. Please excuse the chicken strips havent had chance to get rid of them yet only ridden the bike twice :(

Leanne

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

very nice Leanne, nice to see you back!! leave the wheels and get some green rim tape, will look well neat!! :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Glad to see ya finally posted it Leanne! Though i recognised it! Didnt realise it was Bikers tho! Enjoy! :smt003
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

very nice.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: My new zxr

Post by Leanne_zxr »

An update on my zxr.
Last edited by Leanne_zxr on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

fractured ribs are bloody painfull ! got mine from kickboxing tho' :smt005 i'm sure you will get the bike back on the road soon!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

You have to be the unlickiest person on a ZXR i know Leanne! But glad to see your not putting the blame on the ZXR :smt005

Get well soon! :smt001
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

Yes the ribs are painful mind you the collarbone breakage pain was quite possible the worst pain I have ever felt. The morphine didnt even take the edge off it!

I think I am just unlucky in general its just a shame I jinx my zxr by riding it :smt003

Rob whilst I remember I found this bike on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-1992-KAWASAKI- ... dZViewItem

Sorta looks like a similar type green you were on about for your zxr. Thought you might like to take a look :smt001

Leanne

x
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah i seen a few ZXR's in that colour! Its the green they use on the ZX12R i think. Nothing like what im going to be using, mines more like the what they use on the MotoGP kawasaki, but you all saw my idea here before they bought thiers out, right? :smt002
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

Quick update on my zxr! There has been a fair amount of progress with the zxr since my last post.. fitted a new water pump, forks have been rebuilt with new seals and oil, fitted a new shock (zxr400 shock modified by maxton) and a stainless steel micron system and race can.

Old system (Baz any good for the forum bike build?)

and finally Ive got a spare race fairing lying about that I really want to fit some little spot lights into so Ive bought this to try and fabricate in not quite sure how just yet:

(Suzuki Ay50 scooter headlight)

Leanne
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

looking good chick, that exhaust would be great for the build, can you post it?
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

Leanne_zxr wrote: and finally Ive got a spare race fairing lying about that I really want to fit some little spot lights into so Ive bought this to try and fabricate in not quite sure how just yet:

Leanne
lol that's a strange coincidence because I'm about to do exactly the same, with the same lights....grr.

I have some other plans afoot as well...so don't you dare think of them too.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

deviant wrote:
Leanne_zxr wrote: and finally Ive got a spare race fairing lying about that I really want to fit some little spot lights into so Ive bought this to try and fabricate in not quite sure how just yet:

Leanne
lol that's a strange coincidence because I'm about to do exactly the same, with the same lights....grr.

I have some other plans afoot as well...so don't you dare think of them too.
Ive been meaning to get a set of those headlights for a while I'm pretty sure they are almost identical looking to the ones they used on the special zx7r in PB the red, green and white one. Got told they are quite a popular choice of projector lights for projects, I've yet to workout quite how to fit them yet but luckily they aren't to heavy.

Ive many plans for my zxr its just if fund allow :smt003 one day!

Leanne
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

you not joining us on sunday??
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

looks unlikely :smt009 found out its my mates leaving do Saturday night which I can't really miss. A tad inconvenient!

Leanne