Zxrr Finished

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

Re: Zxrr Finished

Post by petchickens »

really nice pal bet it cost a bit but like the detail
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
Joshhiee
My Bike: Bicycle

Post by Joshhiee »

What about your hoses? how have you worked around to not have them? aswell as the fairing bracket?
Bikebunker
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Bikebunker »

what digital dash have you used?
Big Hoddie
My Bike: ZX4R

Post by Big Hoddie »

Where'd you get the custom fairings? Are they rs250 tyga fairings? How'd you fit them? How did you get rid of the mirror brace/front subframe? What clock have you used? How easy was fitting?

Sorry for the questions, but you've created what I've envisioned for months! Haha
Leey
My Bike: Zxr400L8

Post by Leey »

[quote="Big Hoddie"]Where'd you get the custom fairings? Are they rs250 tyga fairings? How'd you fit them? How did you get rid of the mirror brace/front subframe? What clock have you used? How easy was fitting?

No problems with all the questions.

The fairings are Tyga Aprilia rs 250.

Lots of hard work and fabrication to make them fit :smt017 .

The kit comes with its own front and rear sub frames, so you basically dump the zxr 4 front clock sub frame mirror brace and rear sub frames.

First you cut off the rear tank bracket which is bolted to the rear zxr sub frame. Fit the Tyga rear sub frame to the upper zxr chassis sub frame bolts then the 2 lower sub frame spars need to remove and re welded in new position this will determine seat height and angle these need to be bolted to the lower zxr chassis sub frame mount. Then re welded in final position.
Next fit the fuel tank fabricate a new tank bracket, mount on Tyga sub frame and weld to tank (make sure fuel tank is empty).
Next fit the Tyga seat unit this needs to be extending around zxr tank sides and the seat pad area needs to fill in to meet rear of fuel tank.

Front sub frame is a bit easier to mount just need to make an aluminium bracket mate this to the zxr head stock and to Tyga front sub frame this will take most of the Tyga fairing weight.
Fit the front upper fairing I used the existing zxr fairing brackets on the chassis rails just swap the ordination of the two brackets by changing left bracket to right and turning upside down drill 2 holes to mount upper fairing and bolt.
Also mounted the zx6r indicators to the front upper fairing and fabricated the air scoops.

Rear lower fairing needs to widen around rad oil coiler and clearance for downpipes, shaped around rear sets and side stand for clearance issues. New bracket fabricated to move side stand forward 18mm and out 10mm. Use existing lower rear fairing supports to secure fairing. :excited.

Plus all this.

Cut and shape rear of down pipes to fit in side of new fairing.
Fabricate exhaust bracket.
Fit new rear master cylinder resevior.
Relocate cdi, fuse box, regulator rectifier solenoids to rear of Tyga sub frame.
Fit small compact battery as existing battery is too large for new sub frame.
Re wire Tyga lights to suit zxr.
Fit new digital dash used a Ace well 3252 with warning lights made new dash bracket to fit on to Tyga sub frame, re wire to zxr electrics to do this neatly took about 30 hours used auxiliary fuse in fuse box to power. All warning light neutral oil temp speed and rpm through new dash.
Paint and respray.
Job done :tease
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

lot of work but wel well worth it.

if this was the states somebody would go out and make a bolt on kit for us. :gamer
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Post by GibboN »

Very very nice. I prefer more modern looking bikes generally but this has been done very well. Lovely bike!
Mavve750
My Bike: 5 ninjas and one R1.

Post by Mavve750 »

Very nice looking bike!!

What rear wave disc is that you got there?
Leey

Post by Leey »

Mavve750 wrote:Very nice looking bike!!

What rear wave disc is that you got there?
Cheers the rear disc is a Galfer wavy disc
Leey

Post by Leey »

Bought a new tail section for the zxr just need to modify the sub frame when I get some time

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Candy Lime Green - hope your no Randy Ding Puniet ! :smt002
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

you gonna cut the tail or leave it the shape it is
Leey

Post by Leey »

Only going to cut the tail where it meets the chassis to get the best fit. The tail unit is sitting on the old subframe in that pic so it looks strange.

Got a ktm rc8 brake light to fit in the tail.
Leey

Post by Leey »

Well got round to finishing off the zxr here a few pics

Just got to get some rear sets a shock and some new tyres.
kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Post by kawazonkey »

That is a thing of beauty...very nice work.