helmets and riding gear ? AND music while riding

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

helmets and riding gear ? AND music while riding

Post by petchickens »

what keeps you safe on the road ? what helmet do you where and what gear?

(i have alittle helmet fetish) and own 6 my everyday one is a airoh rs flip-up and a hjcfg15 will get photos up when im on the laptop

and gear ...alpinestars boots ,hein gericke 2 pc textile and my trusty grey asda hoody over the top ,i have a few pairs of gloves so whatever ones i can find at the time ......next of the list is a back protector so insted of the jacket i can just wear the trousers and the back protector and hoody over the top

NEXT

music while riding who does it ? i do every now and then use it as a sort of back ground noise while on a long trip just normal ipod headphones in my blackberry ....and main point i spose is riding with just one in so no matter how good the song might be the surrounding noices are crisp
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
cookiesol
My Bike: ZXR 400 L7

Re: helmets and riding gear ? AND music while riding

Post by cookiesol »

ages ago, i saw the pictures of someone who crashed with a flip up.
unfortunately it did its job during the crash... it FLIPPED UP.
God bless the poor guy's face. never even considered flip-ups again ever..
thank God for Shoei. if i wasnt wearing it the day i crashed at 110, half my jaw would be gone.

music while riding? some does that. i am just too chicken to do it. even if its on a soft volume, God knows if i missed a soft horn warning
or yabayaba *insert negative possibility*...

call me pessimistic... i rather play safe. got enuff scars and screws on me alrdy. hahaha
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

my airoh is nice for summer days short rides (shops ,town ,petrol station etc) a real nice lid

but yeah wouldnt like to crash with the flip on just in case
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

petchickens wrote:but yeah wouldnt like to crash

Fixed
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Post by tobomoto »

i got a suomy spec r lid, framk thomas 2 piece, frank thomas gloves and sidi vertebras. i also have a 1 piece which i got up the bike show a few years ago. i dont wear it much unless i dont plan on stopping (only for petrol) as its a bit anti-social, and i look like a fat seal. im looking to get some new gear this year over the winter though.
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
callum@93
My Bike: zxr 400 L8

Post by callum@93 »

I ride with music on every day, fast music makes ya ride fast :D
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

callum@93 wrote:I ride with music on every day, fast music makes ya ride fast :D
riding ''fast'' is for the track mate yeah alittle speed but trying too fast will be a X amont of fines X amount of a ban and no dout if the judge didnt get his willy wet that money then you can bet you will have to retake you're test again
callum@93
My Bike: zxr 400 L8

Post by callum@93 »

riding ''fast'' is for the track mate yeah alittle speed but trying too fast will be a X amont of fines X amount of a ban and no dout if the judge didnt get his willy wet that money then you can bet you will have to retake you're test again[/quote]

Iv never been over 70 on the public road, honest :D
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

callum@93 wrote:riding ''fast'' is for the track mate yeah alittle speed but trying too fast will be a X amont of fines X amount of a ban and no dout if the judge didnt get his willy wet that money then you can bet you will have to retake you're test again
Iv never been over 70 on the public road, honest :D[/quote]

nor have i nor any of the other bikers :smt002