New Paint

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

New Paint

Post by AFM327 »

Still need to paint the tank, covered the blue on the tank with black vinyl. Former class champions get to run black plates now so since it needed freshening up why not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyJak
My Bike: zxr400

Re: New Paint

Post by AndyJak »

AFM327 wrote:Still need to paint the tank, covered the blue on the tank with black vinyl. Former class champions get to run black plates now so since it needed freshening up why not.
Very nice. Is that a seat unit from the States? Looking to get a seat unit like that for my track bike.

Cheers
Andy
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

It is from the states, it's made by catalyst composites, http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com/ A former racer had it made up to look like the GP tails. It also is a little taller which is nice for a bit more leg room. Mounts on the stock subframe too. I did need to drill the subframe and put in some inserts but it was easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyJak
My Bike: zxr400

Post by AndyJak »

AFM327 wrote:It is from the states, it's made by catalyst composites, http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com/ A former racer had it made up to look like the GP tails. It also is a little taller which is nice for a bit more leg room. Mounts on the stock subframe too. I did need to drill the subframe and put in some inserts but it was easy.

I want one. I suppose they will ship to the UK?

Cheers
Andy
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

They will ship to the UK, I've asked them in the past about it. Shipping shouldn't be much more, if any, for two, so if you wanted more than one or had a friend that wanted one you might be able to save a small amount on shipping. They make them to order so I'd guess the time from placing an order to receiving it would probably be a month, maybe less. Last time I ordered one it was a couple weeks. I really like the seats a lot, nice looking and strong. Not the lightest on the market, but well made.
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

Got a confirmation from the company today that they will ship to the UK.