My 1989 ZXR400 H1

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

salter1144
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 H1

My 1989 ZXR400 H1

Post by salter1144 »

Hi Guys, been looking through this site for some time but never actually posted my pictures up so thought I would now. This is my 1989(i think) ZXR400 H1 that I bought as my first 'big' bike when i passed my test at 18 (now 22)

Possibly looking to sell her and was wondering what you guys thought it was worth.
I personally think its in good nick for the age, has a few cracks and scratches in the fairing (mainly from when some absolute :smt013 ..knocked it over in the car park. the worst being on the front by the light.

around 53k km on the clocks, although the last few thousand are in miles due to a km to mph converter being fitted.

Has racing rearsets fitted and an art racing can (again a few scratches on this from being stored in my garage)

Maxxis tyres with plenty of tread left. I've hardly used it in the last 3 years due to being at uni. pretty much been taxed and Mot'd each year used for a few weeks when im back home then garage stored again.

Just fitted a new battery and took her out for a two hour ride and it performed flawlessly. Also has a Hawk Alarm with fob fitted.
Only bad point is that while riding it the other day the tacho died, haven't had time to look at it but guess its just a dirty/loose connection.

only looking to sell as I fancy an old 70's twin shock bike to build a cafe/brat bike.
DSC_0171.jpg
DSC_0163.jpg
DSC_0170.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by salter1144 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
salter1144
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 H1

Re: My 1989 ZXR400 H1

Post by salter1144 »

More pics
DSC_0172.jpg
DSC_0173.jpg
I've also got a box of spares somewhere along with some spare panels in the attic. which include side panels and a front panel. some of the lugs are broken on these though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.