zxr 400 l3 with cbr600rr engine?

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400l3

zxr 400 l3 with cbr600rr engine?

Post by zxr400l3 »

First i will use the thread to ask, then i will convert it into build thread ... as i cant find the 900rr engined zxr400 build, i want to ask what difficulties to expect with this engine, its 2003y cbr600rr bike, i can have the whole bike, its with frame problems ... but i can also use frame parts(to cut mountings and weld to my frame if needed ...) its my cousins bike, he dont want it anymore and offered me if i can put it into my zxr to give it to me for 0$ ;) but i dont want he to send me the whole bike, as its alot money for shipping, so apart from engine with loom ecu etc ... what i can use, i read about the brakes ... are they better than zxr ones? wheels? i dont want to rebuild the honda, i already invested alot in my zxr400 ... not only money ... i broke 3-4 engines and i am tired of the 400cc engine, i dont plan to race it professionally, only for pleasure, its single seated, no lights, so its only fun bike ... i am not sure how good is the honda 600rr engine, but its what i can have for free, so if its possible to be done, i will soon convert this to build thread!

if you still think my thread is not for here, please put it where it should be ...
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: zxr 400 l3 with cbr600rr engine?

Post by CaNsA »

Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
zxr400l3

Post by zxr400l3 »

need more detailed info, i sow this photos long time ago, but they are all with fairings on it ;) No build pictures ... no measurements ... nothing to help me. Also, my engine is with efi ... do i expect more problems?(more space needed for airbox etc ..) and 600rr also has different mount points, as you can see the 900rr mountings are easier to fit ;)
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

your not going to get much info on here regarding the Honda engine.

and yes you are in the right section

Enjoy