mankiest zxr400 ever?

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Re: mankiest zxr400 ever?

Post by tobomoto »

ive beng at it quite a bit and ive decided im going to break itfor spares. it needs 2 tyres, chain and sprockets, brake discs and pads, forks, battery and some other stuff so i wont get any money on it if i get it sorted out. ill try and get the engine going on monday (day off-yay!) but it will be broken. ill put an ad in the for sale section in a bit.
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Ill give you £40 for it.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Chk pm dude.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Right tobo......

whats the score m'laddio?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Post by tobomoto »

bit of an update on manky. it is going to a new home soon and will probably be turned into a streetfighter. the reason im getting rid is because i have 2 zxr400s and a zx7r to get on the road, have loads to sort out on my car, loads to sort out on the missus car and a fair bit of stuff to do around the home. anyhoo, the original plans i had were to put a zx10r engine in it and get carbon fibre panels for it, carbon fibre seat unit, zx6r forks and brakes, brembo radial master cylinder, ohlins shock, full nut and bolt strip down, get the frame and swing arm anodised and use as many titanium bolts on it as i could, and loads of other trick bits on it. the only standard bits would be the yokes but even they would be anodised. i worked out it would be about £2.5k spent on it.
however... after getting an insurance quote on the wrong side of £3.5k and too many conditions i quickly decided against it. :smt012

as i said i just wont have the time to get it done. it would end up as a show bike because of the amount i would spend on it so sort of defeat the object of it really. then i thought about doing it as a streetfighter with a daytime mot as a cheap option to get it on the road. i would have to look into a few things though- where to put the expansion tank so it was out of the way, what radiator and oil cooler to use ect. i was also going to have a one off exhaust on it sort of like a 2007-2010 triumph speed triple exhaust but it would be a one off as i would make it. but i have decided to let my mate have the worries and head scratching of it all so i dont know what it will end up like now. i will get some progress pics up if he lets me and if anyone is interested in it.
for now though, ive got to get my green zxr mot'd then sold, zx7r built so i can use it as a daily, rebuild my other zxr so i can sell that as well. oh and ive got a week to get all that done before i go back to work! confuddled
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...