Cheesed Off

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Cheesed Off

Post by Tirpitz »

Bit cheesed off today guys (pun intended). Those of you who have been following my posts on the 'Getting to Know You' section will know that I'm getting a ZXR400 back on the road after 13 years of storage. Nothing (was!) much wrong with it. Got it out of the shed today to do some cable oiling and could've died of shock. Bloody mouse has been there under the cover and decided to try and build a nest, using the pillion seat as bedding material. Little sod has ruined it, as you can see :smt010
011.JPG
Spent today pricing up getting it recovered but the problem is getting a match with the original covering on the rider's seat. That's not going to be easy and will probably mean getting both recovered. The cheapest option seemed to be getting an complete undamaged seat from a breakers etc. Managed to pick one up from fleabay for £25 all in with the postage.

The foam on mine is only nibbled, it's only the cover which is buggered. So I suppose someone might buy it if they were building a bike up and get it recovered, which would offset my loss to an extent.

I've put some poison down in the shed and I hope Jerry dies in agony.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
zxr500man
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Cheesed Off

Post by zxr500man »

sorry to hear about your misfortune :smt005
maybe we can set up some sort of fund here to help you with damage the mouse inflicted upon you?
i acturlly had a seat i have no use for i would of stuck it in the post free of charge .
some mice have an adverse reaction to certain types of poison ,they kind of swell up and bleed from the rectum,but it can take up to 3 weeks for them to die,
its easy to stand on them after that because they cant move so fast,if you wait for the 3 weeks they will already stink very badly.
how do i know?
i used to work for rentokill :smt003
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: gpz500s d5, zxr400 L5

Post by gavinfdavies »

tip for life: if you need new or replacement road or pillion gear... ask the racers! alot off them flog the bbits they strip off, i got a spare pillion seat to use as a back box mount for £12 inc p&p.

good luck getting rid of the furry friend. could have been worse - my grandad had one build a nest inside his air box. When he fired the car up is sucked all the chewed up filter paper through the engine! shocking
I do 700 miles a week in all weathers including snow, that's roughly 35,000 miles a year, and some weekend warrior biker has the nerve to get out of his Audi at work to tell me to I was riding far too fast in the wet (over taking at 50... fast eh?).
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Tirpitz »

Hmm..... that kinda compounds my loss, knowing that if I'd moaned here first before hunting for a replacement I could have got a cheaper replacement vsad

Oh well, lesson learned. I'll tap you lot up next time to see what you've got kicking around.

Jerry hasn't taken any poison yet, so perhaps he was just a visiting vandal? To be on the safe side I think I might keep both seats in the house, it's not like they are any hassle to remove. Just until I know he ain't around no more.
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
Nitron Sport shock
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: gpz500s d5, zxr400 L5

Post by gavinfdavies »

if it's any consolation, i think all but one of the ones i looked at were 25, one was 12 +p&p, so i told the guy here, and he agreed 12 all in. so 25 isn't bad, i was just lucky. if there's anything else, let me know, i've a few part lying around. original indicators for one.
I do 700 miles a week in all weathers including snow, that's roughly 35,000 miles a year, and some weekend warrior biker has the nerve to get out of his Audi at work to tell me to I was riding far too fast in the wet (over taking at 50... fast eh?).
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Tirpitz »

Thanks Gavin. I don't need anything else right now, the bike is pretty mint, but i know where to come in future :smt001

Yes, I saw the £12 one but it said it has paint spots on it and I wasn't sure they were going to be easy to completely remove. I thought it might look a bit tatty didn't mind £25 for an undamaged one. Got to call in to pick it up from the delivery office today, was out when the postie came yesterday.

Jerry still ain't eating :smt003
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
Nitron Sport shock
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Tirpitz »

Jerry has so far taken three loads of bait and is still scoffing. How long before his backside explodes? :smt003
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
Nitron Sport shock