my zxr track bike project

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

alanh
My Bike: zxr400 L racebike/R1

my zxr track bike project

Post by alanh »

bought myself a 91 L zxr400 to convert to trackbike hoping to make cadwell on the 7/9, bike ran but very poorly with a lot of top end rattle so i re-shimmed it, bought some fibreglass bodywork and gave the frame a lick of paint. yesterday i fired the bike up to try and adjust the idle (again, had a nightmare getting it to idle) and decided i'd probably be better off warming it up properly first so i took it along the street. ran like a bag of s***, wouldnt rev over 9k and got there VERY slowly, turned round to plooms of smoke :smt010 looks like the top end noise was more likely a bent valve. gonna rebuild the bike over the winter ready for some serious track action. plans are a replacement motor so i can have a go at rebuilding current one without leaving me bikeless if it ends in tears, zx9 or gsxr rear shock, nissin 4 pots from cbr6rr (have a set lined up) radial master cylinder (bought) paint the frame again but with better finish, paint wheels and bodywork with my 'unique' paint scheme, get some WOW's, rebuild forks. also contemplating ram-air and flatslides but that depends on funds, after all its just a track bike, nothing competitive. pics to follow...
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project
zxr500man
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: my zxr track bike project

Post by zxr500man »

pics?? :smt001