BikerJake2010 's ZXR 400 Road race project.

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

BikerJake2010
My Bike: ZXR400 L8 / XJ600 S

BikerJake2010 's ZXR 400 Road race project.

Post by BikerJake2010 »

Ok here it all starts, I have been reading around this site solid for the past few days to help decide on what my ZXR400 L8 is going to need and I now have the itch to finaly get this done. (As much as funds allow me :smt011 )
I want this bike for a semi road and track bike so It needs to be kept "legal" as such.... :pmsl as we all obviously do :smt002 .... I have uploaded some pics of the bike in her current state under the neverending wish list =)..

[P.s Sorry for the big pics, its the only size i can use with this uploading software i use. random =S]

This is the list of what I am thinking of putting on...
New exhaust, a road legal one with a removable baffle. (Just ordered a pipeworx carbon fibre road race can)
New downpipes as the ones at the moment have holes apearing by the day.
New front brake calipers.... mayb somthing of a gixxer or whatever fits. (Brembo ZXR ones if i can find them =/ )
New front brake discs
New front brake pads
Would like the radiator to be sent off to be re cored
New front braided brake lines, changing from 3 - 2, to the better souding 2 lines direct from the brake.
New Digital speedo with analog input, (if this is possible to locate)
Either new front suspension or possibly could send them off to be restored to a new state
New rear shock ( ohlins preferably if the money can stretch that far)
New aftermarket undertray for the rear of the bike
All fuel/water hoses etc to be changed to a newer possibly diffrent colour ones.
New indicators all round with a possible tail tidy kit if i can find one or fabricate it.
Seats need re-doing with gel seat inserts in the riders seat, along with a custom look possibly with zxr or somthing embroided into them.
A complete re-spray of all bodywork, and if i can find a bike to use while waiting i will get the frame re-sprayed (I only drive a motorbike, dont have a cage license =/ )
Have the engine sent off for tuning up and the head sent off to have the valves balenced etc.

So thats the list so far.... This could be a slow project as funds are a little tight as I have another little one on the way *gulps* So will try to update as i go along.
Here are some pics of the zxr400s current state.

Side shot

Front

In the garden b4 a good clean

A shot from the lower left side with the side pannels off.

Lower, rear left.

Exhaust

Lower Right

Top front, clocks etc.

Radiator

This is the exhaust I have just ordered, the carbon fibre one in the middle. Looking forward to fitting it and seeing what the improvments and sound is like. (will upload a video of the sound later when can is fitted)

So this is how the project stands as it is. A big wish list with a big price tag but it will be done :smt003
If anyone can recomend anything that can help this project, information, companies to go through etc would be very much apreciated.

[Don't Just SAY it, DO it!]
BikerJake2010

Re: BikerJake2010 's ZXR 400 Road race project.

Post by BikerJake2010 »

Now fitted

Fitted (side view)

Fitted (rear view)

Fitted (top view)

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

That baffle is a nice touch! Nice exhaust too!
BikerJake2010

Post by BikerJake2010 »

Cheers, hehe i think thats all that atracted me to buy it!, makes u want to take it out tho so it does not get plastered in carbon dust =P............. Had it going earlyer (needed bump starting) and it sounds MINT!, alot more deeper and louder sound to the stock one and thats with the baffles in.. i would deffo recommend PipeWerx cans for the ZXR 400. good quality for a good price.

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

BikerJake2010 wrote:
[P.s Sorry for the big pics, its the only size i can use with this uploading software i use. random =S]
you could use the attachment button here :smt002
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
hainesz
My Bike: 1994 zxr 400

Post by hainesz »

how much was that rear can and where did you get it? im liking it alot
[color=#FF0000]...Burn Rubber...Not Your Clutch...[/color]