cliff's H1 track attack!!!

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Re: cliff's H1 track attack!!!

Post by cdstirland81 »

test fit, i'm happy, but a mk2 is on the way, (and some nice stainless bolts) lol!

should help ground clearance a bit, mk2's will have more height and further back, but i need a longer shifter linkage rod to go further than present...
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

a couple of pics out in the sticks and a bit of noise!

the scrape on the bellypan by the link pipe might be ground-dragging, i don't remember smacking it on anything... might harden the rear suspension a touch... :smt002

click on piccy for video...
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Got myself a bolt on goody today - BEET 441cc engine :smt003

Your bikes looking good :smt004
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

a wee update! fitted t'other swingarm (in silver/grey) with hugger and new chain and sprockets, +1 on the back, plus some new rear brake pads and a good clean up...!

should have these made soon, some nice rigid pegs!

+1 on the rear sprocket doesn't sound much, but when trolling along in the mid range, it just has a bit more zip due to the slightly shorter gearing. just a rear shock with some damping and she'll be perfect! hooray!

also had to "remove" the peg off sidestand, it lived near the end of sidestand spring and was interfering with gearshift, so thats sorted, lol, can find 1st gear everytime, lol!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

errr, it seems a shock fitting session and a thorough clean has turned into a nuts and bolts rebuild, with lots of painting, new bearings/fasteners, etc, its looks like its gonna be a bit of a long haul, but should be worth it! basically, EVERYTHING (think about the depth of that, lol) is either being painted, polished or re-finished, i'm aiming for a like new (as close as i can) look, got a bargain of a shock, will be looking for exhaust system in the winter, forks are currently being rebuilt, frame/swingarm/subframe go off for powder coating soon, god, its gonna cost me a fortune and take forever... wish me luck, lol spent the last two weeks painting the engine...

at least valve clearances were spot on, lol!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

a couple of months down the line and some progress...

tyres should "appear" soon, then its hand a lump of money over for some stainless fasteners (again...)
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: gpz500s d5, zxr400 L5

Post by gavinfdavies »

looks good so far! I'd bet that 10-15 mins of cranking was only filling up the float bowls too! mine does that when i run out completely. Like when i rode off after replacing the tank. And forgot to reattach the fuel line to it! I made it a mile down the road... :pmsl
I do 700 miles a week in all weathers including snow, that's roughly 35,000 miles a year, and some weekend warrior biker has the nerve to get out of his Audi at work to tell me to I was riding far too fast in the wet (over taking at 50... fast eh?).
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

update!

she's finished! well, when money allows, some new sidepanels and some more stainless bolts will be sorted,

might give her a run tomorrow and take some piccies, should the sun be out...

thanks for the positive comments, all good encouragement...!