cliff's H1 track attack!!!

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Re: cliff's H1 track attack!!!

Post by cdstirland81 »

right, thats the bloody forks done, had to make a toolto compress the spring, so i could tighten the top cap nut up, lol, sorry, no pictures, i had took the camera out, but within five minutes the mallet ended up in next doors garden, :smt013 lol so i wasn't in the mood for piccies! either way, the forks are together (requiring oil, got to get my posh measuring cylinder out the loft), and they'll be going in, the akra is trimmed down/stubbied a bit (-3"), the pipes are all welded up and ready, so i'll get it together over the next week or two and get it running, then its brake lines and pads (joy), then some fibreglass repairing, then race fairings on! wohoo! looking good for spring so far...
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

This is looking realy good mate, fair play!!
Can i be a cheeky bugger and ask if you can put some more detailed pics on how you fitted the Aky? I have a slip on Aky kicking round from my old bike, so if i can fit this, it'll save me forking out for a new can!!
Cheers
SOILZX
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

mini update:

put the forks and front wheel back in

and started to clean up modded pipe for akra can

i'll get some detailed pics up of the modded pipes soon, basically, all we did was cut off the flange, go down an exhaust manufacturer we know of (we went to B&M in mansfield), got a correctly sized bit of pipe off cut, weld it to manifold, then cut into the pipework end nozzle, so it'll close up onto new bit of pipe and clamp up.
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

todays update:

went out this morning, lol, slidded about on the frost and ice, but had a mission today, lol!

exhaust and rad+pipes on:

view from the cockpit, lol

filled her with coolant, checked i'd plugged the wiring in, and lobbed the battery in and gave it a whirl, and... nothing! spinning over lovely, but no go go!
so, spent an hour going over everything and... i'd put fuel lines onto pump wrong way! grrr! :smt013

retrieved the pliers from next door (good anger management here, lol) and tried again...

she rides! wohoo!

although running up a bike to temp with exhaust paint cooking, exhaust sealant curing at the can join, and general running rich on choke thing, i had to get air!

apologies for vid + sound quality, mobile phone and nervous shakes...
i got the idle to sort and throttle cable tension, but i didn't do too bad guessing idle screw settings, lol! picks up lovely, even half warm!

next job, brakes, then find an old airstrip for shakedown...
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

when i get a bloody 12mm allen key so i can do up front wheel spindle properly, i'll get her outside and get a soundcheck for the media section, the akra seems not too loud, but a nice note!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

a couple of pics as she stands now...

currently sorting brakes out, got a rear braided line, going to get front lines and pads new year, recommend me some good trackday/race pads! i always used ebc, is there any as good or better for similar money?
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

well, 2010 is here, and a total change of plan, as per these things...

she's going back on the road, as a sunday ride/trackday thing, gonna get her as standard as possible, bar can and bits, and as mint as possible, miss regular riding too much!

so, lighting, indicators, etc, MOT and tax the thing, at least insurance is cheap, 156 quid fully comp, with zero no claims and two claims, lol! owning a classic bike is great!

so thats the workload doubled, plus doing school placement (starting teacher training degree in september) i'm gonna be busy, but i'll try to do regular updates!

at least with this snow i can get back into drifting in the 4x4, lol!
happy new year!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

getting there, seems i mullered a fork seal fitting the bleeder, so i gotta re-do that, and indicators on the front is gonna be a laugh as i have "mis-placed" the rubber grommets that locate in fairing, but the above and front brake lines and pads and we are ready for mot!

gotta give her a clean and a polish, but she's starting to look good, and yes, i'll paint the swingarm grey or frame black at some point, but i just wanna ride the thing!!!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

big day today, MOT! and.....

she passed!

although she's running like a bag of poo, some gunge in fuel tap, i think!

how she presented this morning:

she needs braided lines on the front, oil change and a new fuel tap and we are ready for the summer!
Last edited by cdstirland81 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

:smt004

Best colour too :smt003
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

here we go... piccie time!!!

will#224
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: L1 racer

Post by will#224 »

Very very nice!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

thank you! i don't think i've done too bad for a bike thats been stood a decade!

she could be cleaner, so the footrests and swingarm might get a painting when its warmer!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

right help me with a decision fella's:

currently on the bike is a stock system, with a bolt-on round simmi race can, sounds ok, the usual noise, usual weight...

or

i have a modified standard headers, with the link pipe baffle erm, out, and a nice slip on oval titanium akra, bit louder, but nice note and a bit lighter.

would any fuelling changes be required for the second option?
(currently has 102 keihins, N77c needles, standard airbox/filter)

what you reckon?

ta

cliff
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

and which do you think would give better power? :smt003