In the beginning

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

In the beginning

Post by Mori Man »

That's the MOT & Insurance taken care of for the next two years :excited

Can with db killer in was tested at 98.4 so passed :smt004

Where to start,

Riding position so alien compared to the ZRX and initially really didn't care for it much, started to put more weight through my feet and that eased the pressure on the arms but gut muscles need training :smt042

Stability on the road is stellar , plonk n go :smt003 Never once felt it skipping out or even getting a twitchy front end driving over the ripples in the tarmac - some of which are so deep when you put your feet down you can stand out of the seat !

As the miles rolled by i became more accustomed to the riding position and started to spread my weight about a bit better, mind you even only after 30 miles I did feel tired :oops:

Rear shock needs some dialling in but front seems perfect. Still amazed how smooth the box is and how quick the speed goes up !!

Was hard to stop for any length of time but managed a few snaps before the sun set. Still have a pile of things to do to it yet but it's all back together and running :smt026

I'm sitting here with a smile running ear to ear :smt003

Needs a rocker cover gasket as it's started to weep so that's on order and next is to start experimenting with cans and zorsts :smt080
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: In the beginning

Post by RedexRobB »

shiny!! :smt004
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

OMG :smt007 thats beutiful!! I absolutely love the exhaust, who makes it and how much does it cost? I think i'd sell several organs to get hold of 1 of them!!
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
Zxr-Ali
My Bike: Aprilia rs 125

Post by Zxr-Ali »

looks lovely millameter.. did pj engineering make that end can by any chance?... looks lush
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Exhaust system

Post by Mori Man »

Cheers folks :smt001

Headers and link pipe are BEET Titanium polished "fire effect"
ImageImage

Can't remember the name of the company who made the MotoGP can but it's polished Titanium too.

BEET system with original can was 167,800 Yen ( about £1,135) MotoGP can was 17,800 Yen (about £107) A lot of moola for a lot of looks :smt002

I picked up both 2nd hand so didn't pay that !!

MM!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Some Sponcorship

Post by Mori Man »

Don't mind putting a few decals on the bike as at the end of the day they save the paintwork from getting scratched, stone chipped and the likes. Also added a bit more carbon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

Just out of interest, where did you get the indicator hole plug/spacer thingies?? Think i'm gona need a pair of them, they tidy the winkers up a treatr
Many thanx
SOILZX
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

SOILZX wrote:Just out of interest, where did you get the indicator hole plug/spacer thingies?? Think i'm gona need a pair of them, they tidy the winkers up a treatr
Many thanx
SOILZX
Should be in my re-build thread - made them out of perspex and carbon sheet + cut some rubber matting to make a damper in between.

Work perfectly :smt001
BrianZXR
My Bike: zxr400h2

Post by BrianZXR »

very nice , many hrs in that so i tip my hat to you good sir :smt004
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Cheers B,

Was out experimenting with new camera yesterday - still not got the knack of it and way too many options to remember oldman
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
BrianZXR
My Bike: zxr400h2

Post by BrianZXR »

Lovely looking bike , even the black and white pic shows it up to be nice , impressed ,what yr would it be ? .Hoping to get mine to something like yours ,will post new pics in afew days ,done abit to it since my profile pic ,
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

BrianZXR wrote:Lovely looking bike , even the black and white pic shows it up to be nice , impressed ,what yr would it be ? .Hoping to get mine to something like yours ,will post new pics in afew days ,done abit to it since my profile pic ,
It was a 1990 H2 but now a hybrid.

Hope you get yours better than mine as this was a rush build - oodles of things on it still to do.

Once I finish up modding the ZRX then I'll get the other parts on this finished off. It will get an almost full strip down to transplant the new engine in so that re-build will get all the niggles sorted.

MM!