Kawasaki zx400

A spin off from a previous post by RobB, I have created a forum so we can identify which model ZXR400 you have and to show different variations of colour schemes. Please feel free to post pictures to help others identify their ZXR400's but please keep them to factory std releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Kawasaki zx400

Post by Mori Man »

If you look at zimms photo you will see:

Swinger , wheel , disc , caliper , Forks , wheel , disks ,calipers and I would imagine the triples to mount the forks.

I like them - mini ZX10 :smt004
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
skullie
My Bike: zxr400L1 ,zx400g,zx11d3

Post by skullie »

lol am thinking of trying to put a single swing arm on it !!

cheers for the info Mori-Man

will look for zimms pic and check it out
gangster
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX4

Post by gangster »

can anybody help ive lost the keys to my kawasaki zx4
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Not sure how we can help other than finding the keys or suggesting u buy a new lock set....
gangster

Post by gangster »

are the keys not universal on the older models
i found a ignition set on ebay for £30 but i need keys for the pertrol cap and the seat lock
is there any way of getting to the battery with out the seat lock key??
thanks
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Could get you a complete lock set - but your going to have to brutal to your existing locks ie* : 16mm drill to bore the cores out then replace with used kit

TOP TIP:

Go get your key cut as soon as you buy a bike and give to your gran/granpa - don't trust your parents :smt005

MM!
gangster

Post by gangster »

will other peoples keys not work on mine seat lock? fual lock?
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Sometimes your lucky and seat lock will work with most keys - fuel cap your going to bend a key - ignition no freakin hope, HELLO !
dirtyrat
My Bike: 1988 zx4G (atm)

Post by dirtyrat »

Hi,
mines an '88 zx4 G too !!! cheaper alternative, basically the same engine as a zxr, mines just had a complete engine rebuild, fitted a zxr race tail, had to add pieces of the original tail section with the old friend fibreglass for it to fit up to the tank though.
Shes guna be a streetfighter, dominator lamps e.t.c, resprayed her twice but planning a final paint job when shes on the road, which isnt long now.

Sadly I fell short of funds for the original plan which was to be able to add fairings/clip ons for track, jack up/add raask risers and gold renthals for streetfighter look and a lowering kit for a drag stance, though am happy with the look for now, I cut down the orignial lowers to make a one off belly pan, it looks great just gota pick up some straight brackets cause none of the mounts line up at all now!!

from how it looks to me most of the parts of a zxr should fit, from what is noticeable the frame is only different to the H model with the outside mould and the ZX frame looks more chunky adding to a better butch streetfighter look.

Only thing I cant find is a jack up kit, tried everywhere, I cross referenced the parts of the uni-trac and according to the kawasaki parts fiche the suspension/dog bones are the same as the 750 but I emailed a company who said the 750 jack up dog bones are straight :/

So if anyone knows where I can pick up a jack up kit please drop me a note !!!

Hope some of this helps.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i'm liking the look of that, start a build thread and put some more pics up :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
dirtyrat

Post by dirtyrat »

previously I added pictures to this of my grey / pearl / red decal ZX4G streetfighter project, she has now changed a great deal and I am looking for an h model for the suspension e.t.c tho at this time cost is hindering me !!! the wheels are now red with polished rims and she's sprayed in a ratty kinda deep but colour changing shade purple (it was supposed to be flourescant)...I think you'll agree it needs that clean alloy swing arm and gold front forks from an H model !!! (tho its lookin great !!) :smt019 :smt020 :smt014
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dirtyrat on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyrat

Post by dirtyrat »

another couple of pics........
dirtyrat

Post by dirtyrat »

masterofinsanity wrote:i'm liking the look of that, start a build thread and put some more pics up :smt003
I'll sort one out for when shes on the road with maybe a list of parts wanted for completion, kinda busy right now (but gettin it built !!)

:excited
dirtyrat

Post by dirtyrat »

Has anyone got a complete wiring diagram for this model, I have the zxr wiring diagram but on my loom there is a blue wire to eah side indicator on the front only, not the back, this is not on the zxr wiring diagram and I havnt got a clue what it is, my bke is nearly finished, just gota do the brakes, finish the wiring, bolt everything down, add fuel, turn over engine........PLEASE HELP
dirtyrat

Post by dirtyrat »

dirtyrat wrote:Has anyone got a complete wiring diagram for this model, I have the zxr wiring diagram but on my loom there is a blue wire to eah side indicator on the front only, not the back, this is not on the zxr wiring diagram and I havnt got a clue what it is, my bke is nearly finished, just gota do the brakes, finish the wiring, bolt everything down, add fuel, turn over engine........PLEASE HELP
Oh it dont matter anyways, pretty much got it sorted now, only prob I have is the neutral light / no spark but its delayed again now as have had a redicision on the tail section, been butchering the subframe last 2 days, need to heat n bend it just right but else its lookin roughly like this.............