Letter Of Complaint

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Letter Of Complaint

Post by Jamz »

I just sent off a Letter Of Complaint. Any guesses on what the reply will be?

For those of you who aren't familiar, TalkTalk are a broadband and home phone provider, and the 'Rainbow Song' that I keep referring to is this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/qm5_Y6OvcS0

Again and again and again and again. Just imagine how many times that song on a loop fits into 4 hours? So here is the letter I'm sending in to them to resolve some issues:

- - - - - -

Dear TalkTalk,

Whilst generally I would say I am happy with the service I've received, having thought about it for a while, I am now wondering why.

For well over a year the connection has just become 'expected' to drop out on average two times per hour. For the last few months, between the hours of 17:00 and 23:00 this can be expected to be ten times per hour... twenty times... sometimes much more. I'm not entirely sure how this ever became acceptable?

Still, for the privilege of this service, it appears that the price plan which I am on hasn't even existed for at least the last seven months. It hasn't existed because it has been replaced by one costing half the price.

Apparently, this isn't worth actually mentioning to me, despite the initial contract I was tied to being over well before this.

On the number of times I've had to call your technical support because of total failures in internet connection, your staff have managed to remedy the problems and get me back connected to the dodgy service - obviously only for between 2 and 30 minutes at a time as usual.

Even better, during these phonecalls whilst waiting for several hours to speak to support, I've had the extreme 'joy' of discovering that TalkTalk has one, and only one song that they own the rights to.

Yes, this means I have spent approximately four hours of my life to date listening to some weak, soulless hippie singing that f**king 'Rainbow' song.

Over and over and over and over again. The SAME b*stard song.

Whilst this may be just dandy from your point of view, to any customer actually having to sit through it, I can assure you that it is an experience which quickly induces a state of psychosis and depression during which I have often considered eating my own face to get it to stop. The cat has recieved numerous murderous glances just for making a sound or being within my red-misted field of view as the phone speaker cracks as I'm again informed "There'll be a rainbow" as the c*ck-nosed singer reaches the crescendo of the chorus. Again.

Personally, I hated the song anyway, but I should imagine that ANYONE calling the TalkTalk technical support line, even the biggest fan of the Rainbow song in the world, would at the very least hate it with a passion afterwards.

Anyway, enough about the dreadful music.

What I propose is I leave TalkTalk and go to a broadband provider who can afford more than one song. Actually, considering how much I have been overcharged as a long-term customer, it's quite amazing that you don't have the funding to spend on an 80s mix tape or something instead?

Alternatively, I propose that my price plan is changed to reflect every other TalkTalk customer (i.e. dropped to the regular lower price), and the additional months where I overpayed be credited to my account.

Also I would like an engineer to come out to check the TalkTalk line and equipment, and think it would be rather nice to have them swap my 'g' router for the far more functional 'n' type like all the top broadband providers supply.

Yours sincerely,

Jamz
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Letter Of Complaint

Post by cargo »

I'm with talktalk as well

I've phoned many times to complain about getting disconected.........................and about accessing my mail which used to be unodbaitnable for hours on end. Also it would crash after I had spent 20 minutes typing out a long mail and I'd lose all that which I had typed.

Now days it is much improved....................however in recent days the speed of my connection has dramaticly slowed................with no explantion..............I used to watch BBC iplayer now it's useless...................................

I'm thinking of going back to BT
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

After about 7 or 8 years of "borrowing" from a few secure wifi networks i have finally taken the plunge and ordered Virgin Media Fibre Optic 20MB Broadband for 20 quid a munf.

I suggest you do the same if you can.

With Regards to talktalk, i used to work for them on their 2nd line tech support. I done this for 3weeks until i stood up, gave my boss a "f*** you and everything you believe" gesture involving two fingers on each hand, called him a broadband Nazi and walked out.
Its rediculous, they are the worst company i have ever had the mis-fortune to work for. The customer records software they use was designed for the phones, and contracts they sold way back when they first started the carphone warehouse. It is slow, and very very unsuitable for what they use it for. While i was there i had over 40 people phone up and complain/shout/swear etc etc that they ordered the adsl internet service over 9months ago and they still havent received it yet they had still been charged.....
Avoid them like the plague.

For other people screaming about Talk Talk, chk this forum thread out here.

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/foru ... y.php?f=62

Cheers
Cansa oldman
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Bloody Hell that link puts it into perspective a bit! :pmsl

Cargo - BBC iPlayer is the most frustrating - I'm trying to catch up on BSB races and it's just hopeless when you get disconnected. ITV player is even worse, because you can't skip the adverts so have to watch them again EVERY time you get disconnected! :smt013

In was a bit worried they'd get all uppity about me posting my email online for all to see, but know it seems pretty clear that many will have sent much worse ones to them!
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I've complained to Talktalk about my slow broadband....................they sent me a reply experssing regret that I've got problems with my landline phone with an detailed explaination on how to test my phone

:ffs

I'm considering moving to Sky and combining my phone broadband and TV into one package any thoughts ?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Ive got a Sky package including tv, phone and broadband. Personally id go with Virgin as its a lot cheaper but where i live hasnt been fitted out with cable so had to go sky.

Sky's broadband is supplied through BT, and ive had no problems with my connection. So far its been 100% reliable. The phone line is noisy and crackly when i use it, but with free minutes on my phone hardly ever bother with it, the phone line is free tho.