Rear Caliper

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

THE FLUTE

Rear Caliper

Post by THE FLUTE »

JUst purchased this rear caliper to fit to my ZXR make it easier to change the wheels Will have to make a hanger for it but will make it captive for when the wheel is removed :gamer
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0089288083
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Rear Caliper

Post by masterofinsanity »

very nice are you mounting it from the top?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

Yes Mate going to fit it from the top and drill and tap the the slider plate on the swingarm so it will slide with the spindle but not fall out when i take the wheel out. Should make it easiesr when changing wheels 8 times a day :pmsl
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

Well Made some progress with the caliper and hanger Just need to weld it together and make a piece for the swingarm and get that welded on as well Think it should make wheel changes easier and it,s lighter than the standard set up biggrin

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

looks cool, ..

liking the dymags, they the ones that were on ebay recently ? do they make a noticeable difference to how the bike feels ?
will#224
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: L1 racer

Post by will#224 »

Whats the benefit of mounting it up top, i'd have thought it being underneath would lower the C of G and would allow the wheel to be captive to some extent when removing spindle etc?
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

zimm wrote:looks cool, ..

liking the dymags, they the ones that were on ebay recently ? do they make a noticeable difference to how the bike feels ?
Yes got them off ebay Front is 1.4kg lighter and the rear 1.6 so should make some difference biggrin
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

will#224 wrote:Whats the benefit of mounting it up top, i'd have thought it being underneath would lower the C of G and would allow the wheel to be captive to some extent when removing spindle etc?
Yes but when your trying to change the wheels in a rush to fit wets you need three hands to hold evrything in place This way the caliper actually stays in situ as you drop the wheel out then just put the other wheel straight in :excited
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

its a lot of hassle just to make wheel changes easier, its not really that hard if you put the spindle in from the sprocket side..

does look trick though.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

there is a reason kawasaki puts the spindle in from the brake side!! :smt002
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

Well its all done and it makes it really easy to change the rear wheel now :excited

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

is that 1 bolt gonna be sufficient to hold the caliper on braking? the way the wheel rotates i would have thought it will snap that bracket off in no time?
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

masterofinsanity wrote:is that 1 bolt gonna be sufficient to hold the caliper on braking? the way the wheel rotates i would have thought it will snap that bracket off in no time?
Will find out next week :pmsl No should be fine it has the same set up on my old R6. The bracket is also held tight when you clamp the spindle up.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

oh right, does the spindle still go through it then?
THE FLUTE

Post by THE FLUTE »

Yes spindle go's through the bracket too If you look by the washer on the spindle you will see 2 screws in the adjuster plate they screw through into the bracket and hold it in place when you remove the rear wheel.