Ram air fairings.

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

anteater

Ram air fairings.

Post by anteater »

After the debate in the other thread.............. has anyone tried more than 1 make on the market then?

I'm ready to buy a full body kit / ram air set up and looking for honest unbiased opions as to what fits well, works well, is reasonably priced and has fairly priced spares for win you bin it and bugger 2 panels.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

What are you after mate

I run with Bemsee in the superbike 400 on a zxr 400 H model

Fairings we use http://www.bbplastics.co.uk very good
Ram air we use http://www.bbplastics.co.uk very good for race and road bikes
Footrest we use http://www.sesraceproducts.com very good and work well

You will find a list of people on my website that we use and most 400 riders with Bemsee use as well

There are a lot of people making ram air and so there good and better because they track to the front of the fairing but i think the bb plastics one works fine and if you crash you dont need to repair the front if you wipe out the front fairing

As for fairings well i have only ever used BB plastics why change when it holds up to most crashes with out breaking

Please allways make your own mind up but fill free to email me or post again but most racer within bemsee will use the same products as they work well

Good luck hope that helps

Simon Lowes SBK400
regster148

ram air box and fairings

Post by regster148 »

hi there
im running in derby phoenix 400 series, i am using a local chap at hc race tech based in lincolnhttp://www.hcracetech.co.uk/10420/info.php?p=9&pno=0it is a fair price for what you get. he also repairs fairings and stuff and he bends over backwards if your in the s**t and need it asap.
i have had some good results for a novice,finished in the top 7 so far at 3 meetings my best being 3rd at caddy, engine wise my bike is totaly stock apart from a stainless scorpion system,dyno jet kit,and ram air, which i think as helped me get the results.as for other ram air systems i have not used any so i couldnt pass any comment about them
hope this helps !! :smt001
anteater

Post by anteater »

Thanks for the reply guys, as far as I can tell the choices for kits with ram air are:-

BB

HC

RMKD.

Not so much wanting to make a decision based soley on price more wanting to know how folks have got on with the different makes and any back to back comparisons would be fantasic.

I've currently got the bike in bits ready to freshen up the engine once thats done its time to get it sorted. I'm moving house inSeptember and have alot of work on my plate........ so hopefully going to have the bike ready for the N.E. Club meet at East Fortune in October.

I'm going to buy the kit before I move so as soon as the garage is set up I can just get busy building.

Fat chance probably, but I'll give it a bash :smt001
anteater

Post by anteater »

The BB website is annoying though................. no prices and no phone number. Kinda puts you off a bit.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

BB.plastics 01438357777 ask for Gary

Never realy asked why they dont have prices on the website you could ask

Sorry mate all the top riders in Bemsee use the bb plastics air box its easy to fit and easy to put on and off

I cant say ive treid Roger's air box but i have fittted one to one off our race bikes they all seem the same but i cant comment realy

I think for us BB plastics bring to all our races and we now how they crash as well and hold up well but you need to find out for your self weather you like some one else product

But the air box works well and easy to fit and sits well on the engine

Hope you find what you need all the best Simon
regster148

Post by regster148 »

I think for us BB plastics bring to all our races and we now how they crash as well and hold up well

:lol: unfortunatly we had a nice test on hc's air box. rad, front fairing, seat unit, clip on, brake lever + m/c, screen + screen bracket, clocks + clock bracket,dinted tank the only thing that stood up to a T bone and the bike barell rolling was the air box it didnt even break the duct. lol
it would of probably been cheaper to of just smashed the air box
Rick.O

Post by Rick.O »

Hi, that would be me then :smt009

H C s air box crashes very well, I broke every pannel on the bike and Dave at HCracetech repaired them at the fraction of the price of a new set,
I dont know any thing about the other air boxes but Daves are designed so thet if you have a front end smash the inlet pushes back into the box wich saved mine

Cheers
Rick
waddo

Post by waddo »

anteater wrote:The BB website is annoying though................. no prices and no phone number. Kinda puts you off a bit.
I've sent bb numerous emails asking them to contact me regarding prices for ram air and bellmouths and never got a reply so I went to hc and guess what he answered the phone took the order and made me one up!

Gotta say there must be an advantage to the funnel to the front of the fairing or why would the moto gp boys and supersport race bikes having it done....
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing. Barry Sheene
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Sorry no joy with bb plastics

Dynotech have done test on the bb plastics air and a aftermarket one and made no difference
with a funnel to the front or under the rad

To realy set thse bikes up you need to use a good dyno to see if the front one works and there is only one dyno that can produce these winds

Good luck any

BB plastics 01438357777 just changed hands
carlfzxr

Post by carlfzxr »

still to see any proof of any of the setups working.

seems that people fit them at the same time as having engine work done so I`d guess it`s the engine work that makes the real difference. and the fact that these setups run without filters would make a difference too.
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Ballsout Racing »

I had a standard modified airbox for Ram air, the tubes were moulded into the fairing from the front, it was copied from an RS250 GP bike. When I fitted a BB plastics box earlier this year it gave me 4bhp extra midrange and 1.5 top end. :smt002
carlfzxr

Post by carlfzxr »

I like the dyno graphs, look very good.
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Ballsout Racing »

carlfzxr wrote:I like the dyno graphs, look very good.
So now that you've seen some, is that the proof you needed? what setup were they for?
ancozxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 Track, FMX 650

Post by ancozxr »

Hello guys,

I am plan to built a race bike.

I have a H model with an L engine.

I already see that Simon use the BB air box.

I contact with the guys and are welcome to send it here in Greece.

Because here in Greece no one use an airbox like this, what is the changes must done to gain the best performance?.
Racing for the fearless....!!!!