Omega stocking pistons

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Hoddie
My Bike: ZX4R

Omega stocking pistons

Post by Big Hoddie »

I emailed omega, asking if they could make me some high compression pistons, as I couldnt get hold of toecutter, and basically they shall be stocking the same piston kit as toecutters, but you can buy it from them directly. Below is a screenshot of her response to my email, asking the above...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Re: Omega stocking pistons

Post by AFM327 »

What's the email address, can't read it on the attachment. More people asking would likely encourage them to make them. The rings were an issue in the past, will they be supplying rings too?
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Piston rings will be supplied
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Availabilty is imement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

What sizes will be available? Toecutter had 5.mm, 1mm , and 2mm oversized pistons. I couldn't get a reply to the email address. I want 2mm oversized pistons.
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Ill message her when they're done
advectus
My Bike: fireblade(08)

Post by advectus »

Any idea on price?

I will want a set (+1mm) towards the end of the year and I know another guy who will probably want a set too.

Are these OK to use in an L model??
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

They will work in any model, haven't heard a price yet. I'd guess about 20-25% more than a set of stock pistons.
toecutter
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by toecutter »

bloomin eck,i didnt realize omega were now allowing folk to use all of my development work, i though i had intellectual rights on these and their design,i guess ill have to speak to them about this,luckily the rings don,t come from omega they are something i sourced and had made.
If any of you have been trying to get hold of me i was unavailable towards the end of last year as i was ill and once recovered was off snowboarding for 4 months(recuperastion i call it),while away my email was hacked as was my phone and bank(they didnt get into that) so untill i was back in April i couldnt sort anything out .
Rob
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

No offense Rob but I tried to get in touch with you for several months including contacting your old girlfriend. Sorry you were ill but I had many issues getting my pistons, and I never did get the 2mm ones I actually wanted. I ended up taking the 0.5 pistons since I'd already paid for them and you had no idea when you could source rings for the larger piston. Of course once you shipped the .5 pistons you sourced rings for the 2mm over pistons. But then you didn't want to swap them and offered to sell me a second set. I'd have paid shipping both ways to get what I really wanted but I wasn't going to pay for another set that I didn't need at the time especially when it took nearly two years to get the first set.
mick41zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400sp

Post by mick41zxr »

Hi Rob,
Long time mate. Good to see you back.
Regards,
MB
advectus
My Bike: fireblade(08)

Post by advectus »

Any news on this yet?
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

I emailed Sarah at Omega yesterday and got a reply this morning. I was hoping for a 59mm piston but no plans at this time, unless I wanted to order 12 pistons. :)

Please find our specs for our new ZXR400 pistons (Part Number PD6431):

Bore Dias: 57.5mm and 58mm
Deck Height: 22.6mm
Intruder: 1.35mm
Pin Dia: 15.0mm
Distance between bosses: 16.0mm
Crown Thickness: 5.1mm
Rings: 2 rings - 0.8m steel nitrided top and 2.0mm 3pc nitrided oil ring
Weight (bare) - est 94g

We only have these pistons in 57.5mm and 58.0mm. Both sizes are available from stock at an introductory price of £117.50 GBP each + VAT including skirt coating, rings, pins and clips. I have images too, if someone wants to see them send me a pm with an email address and I'll forward them.

Tel:
0121 559 6778
Fax:
0121 559 6779
Email:
info@omegapistons.com
Web:
www.omegapistons.com

Accralite Pistons - a division of
Omega Pistons Ltd since 2009
mick41zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400sp

Post by mick41zxr »

They mention new design, what's the difference to the older one?