Micron system jetting

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ChowderV4
My Bike: Zxr400L racer

Micron system jetting

Post by ChowderV4 »

I've had a few searches and came up with between 100-105 main jets and a decent race filter will give good results, only issue is i cant find anywhere to buy the jets, only place i saw was on wemoto but they went up in incriments of 5mm so i can either get 1.00mm or 1.05mm, here's the page for reference.
http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/kawasaki/zx ... _main_jet/

Is that right or am i missing somewhere i can get them?

for the record ive just got a full micron system and can.
Deswilkie
My Bike: ZXR400L, Trumpet 675

Re: Micron system jetting

Post by Deswilkie »

Minuki, Kehin and Dynojet jets have different diameter sizes. So a 100 in one isn't the same size as a 100 in another. If you have an engine tuner close by (or at least one with a dyno) they should hopefully keep a stock and it's definitely worth a dyno run to ensure you have stuck on the right size. When I ran a micron I think it was 112.5 kehins I ran (but that was with no air filter).
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

Deswilkie wrote:Minuki, Kehin and Dynojet jets have different diameter sizes. So a 100 in one isn't the same size as a 100 in another. If you have an engine tuner close by (or at least one with a dyno) they should hopefully keep a stock and it's definitely worth a dyno run to ensure you have stuck on the right size. When I ran a micron I think it was 112.5 kehins I ran (but that was with no air filter).
I was assuming those on wemoto were standard kehin jets as i dont want to mess about with dynojet stuff, only thing i was a little confused about was the unit it was measured in.

they state sizes 1.00mm and 1.05mm am i right in saying that they are #100 and #105 size jet as they would be stated in the manuals ie. standard size is #95 so would that be 0.95mm
Deswilkie
My Bike: ZXR400L, Trumpet 675

Post by Deswilkie »

Have a wee look on http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_mikuni_ ... _sizes.htm for a comparison.
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

Yeh i see that.
So where does everyone get their jets from and what sorta price are you paying
BENJ
My Bike: Yamaha R1

Post by BENJ »

You should not be guessing your size of jetting. This will only lead to problems.
The only way for sure is to run it on a dyno and get the exhaust gases analyzed.
H2 Race Bike
Beet Ti system
zx636 shock
gsxr 600 k2 calipers
gsxr 1000 master cylinder
Venhill quick action throttle
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

yeah i know that, i was going to go for a base setting that i've read is used a lot with full systems and filters then see how it goes, then dyno, adjust and perfect.
Found that honda and zxr main jets are the same, i've got a set of 110 jets, but will order a set of 102 and 105 jets and see how it goes.