Quick action throttle

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Dogmot
My Bike: Zxr400

Quick action throttle

Post by Dogmot »

Hi I've searched hi and low to find a quick action throttle that will fit my zxr400. Does anyone know where you can buy one from? Also I presume you need to fit one that has the 2 cables like the original? Thanks
zxdillan
My Bike: zxr 400 racebike

Re: Quick action throttle

Post by zxdillan »

i got one off fleebay. it is a alloy one with an alloy tube and grips think it was from thailand, but its only a single cable. cost about £25.
alanh
My Bike: zxr400 L racebike/R1

Post by alanh »

the one on my racebike is only single cable and works fine. i removed the return cable off my zx6 F model as well and had no issues with that either, used it for over a year
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project
Dogmot
My Bike: Zxr400

Post by Dogmot »

Right well my mate has a Yamaha 426 throttle assemble spare and that has 2 cables so I"ll try that if that doesn't work I"ll resort to a single cable conversion. Thanks
Alan P
My Bike: ZXR400L9

Post by Alan P »

Venhill single cable is what I used. You only need a single cable; the return spring is fine if it's the right one and in good nick...
mark400
My Bike: Building an original SP

Post by mark400 »

Venhill's on all our bikes - Plus you can buy spares for them if you bin it biggrin
NG Road Racing Champion 2012 400SS
Lucky Eddy
My Bike: zxr400L4

Post by Lucky Eddy »

Hi, this is a post I did a while ago...Domino throttles have performed well over the last few seasons with no problems on either my ZXR4 or 6...can only recommend them!

I've fitted the Domino throttle to a couple of my bikes with no problems. They are a good quality kit and perform well, but to be honest have nothing else to compare them with. Also maybe being a bit naughty as using the single cable version ie relying on the spring on the carb for throttle return, but it works well and absolutely no problems either on road or track.

I found that I needed a slightly longer throttle cable to cut to the length required, as the standard cable for the ZXR is just a smidgeon too short. Got a cable from a ZX6R lying around and used that as a donor. I snipped the nipple from it, removed the cable from the shroud and re-inserted it into the ZXR4 shroud just to keep things as standard as possible. Wrap some insulating tape around the end of the cable before you cut the nipple to avoid loose strands..keeps things smooth for drifting it back thru the shroud. From there it was a case of trial and error to find the perfect position for the kit nipple and still leave adjustment. Whole thing takes about an hour so not a big job. Watch out as there are two settings for the throttle, the cam is reversible depending on what you want.

I got a few units from Allens Performance a couple of months ago. Cost then for the kit was £21.00 + VAT. Domino Part Number is 1469.03 (think its for an Aprilia?). Much cheaper than some of the race suppliers!
Web: http://www.allensperformance.co.uk
E-mail: steve@allensperformance.co.uk