About to start racing

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

sharky25938
My Bike: ZXR 400

Re: About to start racing

Post by sharky25938 »

If your interested I'm putting ram air box on ebay tomorrow, thats always a good cheap mod.
Thanks Sharky
Deswilkie
My Bike: ZXR400L, Trumpet 675

Post by Deswilkie »

Howdy,

Got a rear shock that I took off my ZXR, it's an early ZX6 but fully adjustable so an improvement on the original. No use to me since I've got an Ohlins on there now so it's your for £50.

Cheep mods, ram air, bell mouths, dyno time, down pipes, drop the charging system (free), blocking the high speed correctors on the standard carbs, set up everything you've got correctly (tweaking what you've already got can help a lot).

Then you can go for the ohlins/k-tech/maxton, skim the head, fancy cams, beet (want), dymags (also want), race loom etc etc. The list is almost endless.

Cheers
Derek
wes
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by wes »

I'd spend more on the handling than power at the moment.

I started racing again about 3 years ago, and the biggest improvement has been me braking later and less, therefore carrying more corner speed, then getting on the gas earlier.
Outright horsepower will help down the track, but right now you need a great handling bike and time with your bum on the seat riding.
stevi5
My Bike: many

Post by stevi5 »

If your looking for good quality rearsets check out Cadmatic as they supply affordable and fully adjustable units and sell individual parts seperatley for when you fall off. 01635 582200
Danman109
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9 2001

Post by Danman109 »

If you're looking for handling, SP forks are a good (and very rare) mod too, the SP forks have compression damping adjustment at the bottom of the fork which controls how quickly the forks compress, i desperately wanted them because i've got upgraded brakes and SP forks give more confidence and control under braking allowing later and harder braking but stupidly in my excitement of seeing SP forks for sale didnt consider that they wouldnt fit my L model :smt011

If you or anyone else wants some SP forks theyre going for £200 posted.

PM me for pics and details
ZXR 400 L9 race bike
ZXR 400 L2 Hopkins GP replica.