factory/standard geometry settings?

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jayzxr
My Bike: zxr400

factory/standard geometry settings?

Post by jayzxr »

Does anyone know the standard geomerty for the L model for the front forks and rear shock?
1. Are the front forks supposed to be set fush with the top of the upper triple clamp?
2. What is the standard height for the rear ride height adjuster on the rear shock- does anyone know the dimension from the top of the c-bracket (which bolts to the top of the shock) to the underside of the flat bracket which is welded to the frame?
My bike has been dicked around by previous owners and like to know what the standard setting are supposed to be!
Thanks
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: factory/standard geometry settings?

Post by CaNsA »

Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
jayzxr

Post by jayzxr »

I must be missing something here, I can't find this information in the manual. Does anyone know?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Your missing section 12-4 for the H model

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/H%20M ... r%2012.pdf

And 17-8 for the L model

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/L%20M ... r%2017.pdf

Aint i good??
jayzxr

Post by jayzxr »

Ok, thanks- I found the picture in the H section which shows a picture of the front forks in the triple clamps. Couldn't find anything showing the ride height for the rear shock though? There is only one photo and its impossible to see the rear shock top mount clearly enough. Anyone got a standard zxr which they can measure? Thanks
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Why do u need a picture? You need a ruler to measure it surely?
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

RedexRobB wrote:Why do u need a picture? You need a ruler to measure it surely?
Very true, I know mine, I've also asked this question as well as spring weights in the past without any answers. I was going to post the spring weight question again as I'm thinking about putting a 13 yr old racer on one of my bikes. He set track records for ninja 250's at five different track this year in his first year of racing on a big track. He only weighs about 100 lbs, I weigh about 210, I'm guessing he'd need about a 300/325 lb spring for someone of his size.