whats the price for a track/race bike

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

whats the price for a track/race bike

Post by petchickens »

i know there all vary from bike to bike but whats the normal price ? also what would be needed to get an daytime mot for it etc tryed searching but not really getting anywhere
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Re: whats the price for a track/race bike

Post by R P Corse »

whatever your willing to pay for one!
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

that simple bud ? what would 2k get me ?
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
MrLuke
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by MrLuke »

petchickens

Post by petchickens »

ohhhh that is sweeeeet!!!! :smt007
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Post by R P Corse »

Yup it's that simple

You can have a race/track bike that youve spent a fair wad of cash on but if you don't know how to ride that bike what's the point?

I say use that money to get another road bike and then your current bike turn into a track bike, least you will learn how to use your bike before doubling money on stuff you won't utilise properly
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

BigB wrote:Yup it's that simple

You can have a race/track bike that youve spent a fair wad of cash on but if you don't know how to ride that bike what's the point?

I say use that money to get another road bike and then your current bike turn into a track bike, least you will learn how to use your bike before doubling money on stuff you won't utilise properly

funny you say that as now i have the zxr400 bug i want a newer better looked after one and the one i have now strip that bitch down and go from there just make it a 6 month project and take it nice and slow sourcing the parts i want ......and i think that way it will not seem like iv put in X amount of money into a bike that i know once it comes to selling i wont even get half of what i payed into it .....iv already started thinking about paint colour and what i want on it hahahaha

problem is i dont know about most of you but i dont have a garage and fu*k me last time i repaired my bike in my mums livingroom green spray paint dust everywhere oil and toad on her nice oak wood flooring he nearly killed me and has banned any type of tools or anything thing to do with motorbikes and quads is a massive no no so its hard storing my bare frame etc etc so its a case of a rock and a hard place
cwhite99
My Bike: Triumph 675

Post by cwhite99 »

Hi
I've just got a daytime MOT for my K6. You don't need any lights, you need a number plate, a horn, road legal tyres (must have E number) and a not very noisy exhaust. You'll also need to have a frame number. Not sure about a speedo (as I have one fitted anyway) but if you google daytime MOT and go to the Govt site all the details are there. All the usual stuff must work e.g. brakes, wheels, tyres etc.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

A speedo isnt needed for an MOT.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
petchickens

Post by petchickens »

cwhite99 wrote:Hi
I've just got a daytime MOT for my K6. You don't need any lights, you need a number plate, a horn, road legal tyres (must have E number) and a not very noisy exhaust. You'll also need to have a frame number. Not sure about a speedo (as I have one fitted anyway) but if you google daytime MOT and go to the Govt site all the details are there. All the usual stuff must work e.g. brakes, wheels, tyres etc.

just too add my name is c.white :pmsl

too add too the statment i do alot of miles so will need lights etc for safety (plus i have a complete bike just want too smarter her up alittle)