Tyres

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Dolts
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Tyres

Post by Dolts »

Hi guys, What tyres do you use nowadays? mainly for F400, i used to use Bridgestone BT090's on my old zxr and rs250 about 7 years ago, whats good/cheap now?

Cheers
Gareth
mark400
My Bike: Building an original SP

Re: Tyres

Post by mark400 »

Afraid to say that tyres really aren't cheap !

We generally race on Diabolo Supercorsas which are between £245 (if you have a BSB type contact) or around £265 / £275 in the paddock.

I did try BT003's in the RS compound, but they feel vague quite early on in the corner compared to the pirellis, and I fell off three times on one weekend at Cadwell using them.

I think Ballsout Racing (Grev) ran on Power Ones, but my memory isn't great, and it would have been a couple of years ago.....
NG Road Racing Champion 2012 400SS
Deswilkie
My Bike: ZXR400L, Trumpet 675

Re: Tyres

Post by Deswilkie »

SuperCorsa's, SC1 front and SC2 rear (approx £260 a set). Tried the Michelin Power one, power race and V's and didn't like them. The SuperCorsa's give you a bit of warning before letting go of the front end where as the equivalent compound on the Michelin's (I found anyway) let go without warning.

Easy to say try a few and see what you work well with but they're an expensive purchase each time. Safe bet is the SuperCorsa's