Alternative / Lighter wheels

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

neil_cb125t

Re: Alternative / Lighter wheels

Post by neil_cb125t »

I managed to steal a set of these from you UK boys about a year ago :tease - mine are Gold spoked Magnesium with the carbon rim. Naturally the first thing a did was weigh them in comparison to the std setup.

My H1 bike ran std rims the front rim no discs no spacers no tyre i think was 4kg, the dymag is less than 3kg incl captive spacers. The std H1 Rear rim with std rear disc and sprocket carrier and sprocket was over 11kg, the dymag with wave rear disc and sprocket carrier/sprocket is just on 5kg. :excited

I haven't tried them on the bike yet as its going through a big transformation (as in a firebreathing Er6 motor is sitting inside it right now) but ill let you know once its going...

I also have a set of Astra lites as wets, the weight savings are still good, about .5kg on the front and 2-3 on the rear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Post by R P Corse »

neil_cb125t wrote:I managed to steal a set of these from you UK boys about a year ago :tease - mine are Gold spoked Magnesium with the carbon rim. Naturally the first thing a did was weigh them in comparison to the std setup.

My H1 bike ran std rims the front rim no discs no spacers no tyre i think was 4kg, the dymag is less than 3kg incl captive spacers. The std H1 Rear rim with std rear disc and sprocket carrier and sprocket was over 11kg, the dymag with wave rear disc and sprocket carrier/sprocket is just on 5kg. :excited

I haven't tried them on the bike yet as its going through a big transformation (as in a firebreathing Er6 motor is sitting inside it right now) but ill let you know once its going...

I also have a set of Astra lites as wets, the weight savings are still good, about .5kg on the front and 2-3 on the rear.
You genius lol thanks for the info!

Are those wheels for the ZXR 400 or another bike?
neil_cb125t

Post by neil_cb125t »

They are for a ZXR400 :excited

I re weighed em on a good set of scales, front DYMAG is 3400g, Astra lite is 4800g, std 5000g.