Anchor Kawasaki Centre

Post your reviews and recommendations of dealers here, also links section for Dealer networks.

Moderator: Moderators

Anchor Kawasaki Centre

Post by Guest »

Anchor Kawasaki Centre

Address:
99 Wellingborough Road Finedon
NN9 5LG Wellingborough
tel. 01933 680274
fax. 01933 681664
NickT22

Anchor Kawasaki

Post by NickT22 »

Good for parts and information but watch the workshop prices - quoted me minimum 7 hours to remove and inspect my engine, plus parts cost, even if the problem may only be the cam chain tensioner!

Also charged a mate £1500 for a full service and battery change/charge circuit fix for a H2 model 750! When he picked it up they told him all ok but will need front brakes at £750 plus fitting time and battery still does not hold charge!

Dissapointing!
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

lol. i was quoted 100 notes to check valves, balence carbs and check cam chain. im thinking thats a bargin. they even said im afriad shims are 5 quid each tho if any need new ones, but at 100 quid for rest im not too woried
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
master
My Bike: ninja250r

Re: Anchor Kawasaki Centre

Post by master »

anchor kawasaki rip-off so is corby kawasaki . bloke in corby very cheap will post his mobile number if he says its ok , fantastic mechanic and very cheap and he's a biker ..gsx1000
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

dunno bout Anchor being a rip off? they were extremely helpful when i bought my first zxr400, trevor in stores especially!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
terescova

Post by terescova »

How do I prevent a drywall anchor from spinning? I installed a crappy wal-mart shelf in the bathroom and upon putting the last screw in, the anchor started to spin in the whole. This thing is a pain in the *** (the manufacturer obviously has zero understanding of basic physics.....like a solid object cannot pass thru another solid object..), and I really don't want to remove it and drill new holes.
Last edited by terescova on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Post by cdstirland81 »

terescova wrote:How do I prevent a drywall anchor from spinning? I installed a crappy wal-mart shelf in the bathroom and upon putting the last screw in, the anchor started to spin in the whole. This thing is a pain in the *** (the manufacturer obviously has zero understanding of basic physics.....like a solid object cannot pass thru another solid object..), and I really don't want to remove it and drill new holes.

what is the weather like on your planet?

incidentally, get down the diy shop and get specific studwall/dry wall rawlplugs and start again?
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by jake »

terescova wrote:How do I prevent a drywall anchor from spinning? I installed a crappy wal-mart shelf in the bathroom and upon putting the last screw in, the anchor started to spin in the whole. This thing is a pain in the *** (the manufacturer obviously has zero understanding of basic physics.....like a solid object cannot pass thru another solid object..), and I really don't want to remove it and drill new holes.
haha

put down the screwdriver and walk away before you hurt yourself.
Geffro
My Bike: ZXR400 L1 trackbike

Post by Geffro »

lol Are you on the right website? And to answer your question, if the dry wall fixings/spirals ain't working get some toggles/umbrella's! :smt002
Lachie Innes #99
will#224
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: L1 racer

Post by will#224 »

That is the funniest post ever on here!

Well done!
rickyt28
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Post by rickyt28 »

:pmsl That is hilarious!

But seriously, cut a hole in the plasterboard, slip a piece of timber in behind where you want to screw your brackets, and screw through the plasterboard and into the timber. Then patch up the hole. That is the best way to get a decent fixing, especially with a shelf that is going to be loaded with heavy items ;)

lol
rickyt28
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Post by rickyt28 »

Its a bot that init. How did they manage to log on?