hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Deano1

hello

Post by Deano1 »

Hello everyone!! :D

Im Dean im 22 from cornwall and I found this forum as I was searchin the net for info on getting a bike (test insurance etc ) I have asways wanted a ninja eversince I was a kid so Im thinking that doin my test and gettin an zxr is a good place to start :D as long as its a green one!!

any info or hints and tips about the bike test training ect would be good as Im not really sure where to start and dont want to get ripped off.
I have got a good insurance quote for when I pass my test I also got a D1 form today to send away for my licence. As far as training goes etc I know I have to do a cbt and a writen test and then a practical test but what do I do inregards to lessons etc ????

please excuse my lack of knowlage .

Dean :twisted:
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello Dean welcome to the forum matey! :D

A friend of mine did his test and he took lessons once a week, i think he was paying summit like 65 quid for a full days lesson, including bike and the gear etc....

He was doing that for about 4 or 5 weeks and passed his test first time with 4 minors. How much you get charged will invariably depend on where you go, but if you know peeps with bikes ask about the tuition they got.

Post by Guest »

thankyou RobB

how many minors are you aloud?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

ummmm im not entirely sure, 16 rings a bell then you fail the test. Oh and if you get 1 major fault thats a fail aswell.
nigbuzz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by nigbuzz »

i heard from a friend last nite that they r upping the direct access age to 24 so get on and doit quickly or u will have to ride on 33 bhp for 2 years.

welcome
One day my pretty, One Day!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

I personally think they should make 33bhp compulsory, too many idiots getting on fast bikes before they are capable.

I went on a bike run back in march and there was this guy on an R6, he didnt have a fucking clue, all over the place and just plain got in the way. But id never seen anyone so tense and obviously riding beyond his ability even tho he was going slow. Turned out it was his first ever bike and one of his 'mates' were teaching him how to ride it fast :shock:
martin
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Post by martin »

RobB wrote:I personally think they should make 33bhp compulsory, too many idiots getting on fast bikes before they are capable.
Rob

I thought we agreed on not speakin in public about me :D

Seriously I agree with your point. I am not sure how the rules in Norway are at the moment, but you can not ride a full blown bike before you are 20 I think. Before that it is max 34bhp.

If you are 20 and want a R1 the insurance is so costly that noone are able to afford it so it pretty much controls what bikes young people buy.

I have heard that you get lower insurance on all vehicle in UK if you are a bike rider. I am not sure where I heard that. Something about if you ride a bike you are more alert when in traffic and therefor also a better driver when driving in a car. Is it any truth to this?

Regards
Martin Bergvill
Kawasaki Zx9R-98 sold, Honda NSX Sebring Silver, Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2 racebike for sale, L5 ZXR400. Honda Civic SI some time
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

not that i know of but its a damn good principle!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
martin
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Post by martin »

masterofinsanity wrote:not that i know of but its a damn good principle!
Hi

I think so too. I can not remember where I heard it...

Even my mother is more alert regarding bikes when she is in traffic about bikes because I ride a bike.

So it does makes sense. I ride a lowerd NSX too so it is good to know where all the bumps and holes and speed bumps are. And the same info is importent when you ride your bike.

Regards
Martin Bergvill
Kawasaki Zx9R-98 sold, Honda NSX Sebring Silver, Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2 racebike for sale, L5 ZXR400. Honda Civic SI some time
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

Post by wonderpupp »

Don't know where I can get cheaper car insurance for being a bike rider?

Would LOVE to know because I am limited on car choice due to not wanting to pay out insurance costs for something I barely do 3000 miles a year in.

Still thinking Mk2 RS2000 on classic restricted mileage insurance...
but then again i want a car i can not drive for 3 months and it'll still start first go. God bless you Honda Civic.

I don't agree with compulsory 33bhp or anything. but then not everyone can be as sensible as ne and know their limits.
:lol:
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

wonderpupp wrote:
I don't agree with compulsory 33bhp or anything. but then not everyone can be as sensible as ne and know their limits.
:lol:
Thats exactly the problem, stupid pratts getting on bikes killing themselves making it look bad for the rest of us, causing the government to hand out hefty punishments and taking procedures to stop us riding the things.
solmansoft
My Bike: Kawasaki ZZR1100D7

Post by solmansoft »

I currently do about 34,000 miles a year in my Honda Accord, but only 2,000 on the bike (lack spare time).

But when I'm out in the car it pains me to see prats overtaking on the double white lines.

Yes your bike will make the gap with it's power, but it takes just one car to hit the brakes and bang!!! Is it really worth it?
Regards

Jason