1 year anniversary

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

stumpy
My Bike: tomos moped

1 year anniversary

Post by stumpy »

hello, one and all. joined the site last week but have been using it for 12 months.i have a L3 zxr 400 in black and purple. we have been together 12 months today! love the bike(why do people even consider any other 400?) have had a few problems with it but it was bought cheap off ebay and was a bit of a minger. it now has been dynojetted, k and n,stainless pipe and can,tail tidy and mini indicators, new wheel bearings,head bearings,pads,starter and battery. next are braided brake lines and single seat cos the wife won't get on the back. will post some pictures when the sun comes out and i can take some nice ones.

has any body else got an mrs road/race can on there bike? i bought mine new and it was only £90 from the supplier. its stainless,oval with removable baffle and sounds awesome. just wondered how the compare to micron/scorpion cans.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello mate what took you soo long to join? what's a MRS can?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

i did not realise how easy it was to join! the 'having problems' page has been a big help when trying to sort out all the problems with the bike. thought it was about time i joined and share the zxr 400 experience.the exhaust is a mrs road/race exhaust can. bought it last year of the internet direct from supplier. seems to be well made and it is stamped road legal but with a removable baffle. it was only £90 new and i thought it would be crap but it seems good and sounds and looks great. i will try and find out which supplier it was.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

just looked on web site (mrs direct) and the price of the exhaust cans have gone up to £160! dont know why mine was cheap, might be because i bought it through ebay shops.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

welcome stumpy :smt006 glad you found the 'having problems' section useful. Enjoy! :smt001
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

so who's Mrs. Exhaust? :smt003

welcome!
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

thats poor, wheres your coat? :smt016
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

dunno, but i could do with it, bloody cold in my house at the mo. :smt002 :smt003

well done stumpy on buying one in the best colour scheme as well!
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

thanks to all for making me feel welcome. are any of you living local to me(west yorkshire) if yes, where do go 'hang out' ? Devils Bridge near the lake district is popular but want somewhere different to go on a sunday.any suggestions?

in the garage:

kawasaki zxr 400, honda cbr 125, volkswagon polo, raleigh mountain bike,roller blades and one of them kids scooters that folds up.