A lil bit about me...

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Needlesvii
My Bike: tomos moped

A lil bit about me...

Post by Needlesvii »

Hey all, I am also the proud owner of a ZXR400 and feel a very close affinity with it...lol (you can all be sick now) However, some of the bike pics you guys have are so unbelievabley awesome that i'm jealous!! I am not mehcanically minded and as such feel in awe as to what a lot of you have done to your bikes! Fair play!

My bike, like all of yours, has it's own character; it hates the cold, carb icing, makes a funny noise below 2k and stalls at junctions if its below 5 deg C. lol. I LOVE IT!! It really makes me appreciate the days when it's dry and mild!

If any of you are around peterborough let me know! I'm knew to the riding game so am keen to pick up new tips! Cheers,

Richard. :)
With the mechanical/engineering expertise of a hammer I quickly found that hitting my ZXR on the seat cures most problems.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome to the forum richard :)

only ever had carb icing on my ZXR once, and even then that shouldnt have happened because i have heated carbs :smt017

Anyways glad to hear you enjoy the bike! :smt003
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

My bike stalls when it's below 5'c at junctions aswell....only coz I can't fell the clutch with a numb hand. :smt003

Welcome and roll on the SUMMER!!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome from me, lets see some pics then!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Needlesvii
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Needlesvii »

My bike seems to need a lot of work. I was under the impression that carb icing was a thing with zxr4's, obviously not. bugger!lol.
Oh yes, numb hands are not good.
I'll get pics on here soon, just got to find one I like. lol.

On the subject of cold weather running for our bikes, have any of you got any tips? (apart from a warm garage) I just wanna get round the problem of the constant stalling-it only happens in the cold.

If i'm writing on the wrong thread, i apologise.

Cheers all and bring on the summer.

Rich.
With the mechanical/engineering expertise of a hammer I quickly found that hitting my ZXR on the seat cures most problems.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

CarneyUK wrote:My bike stalls when it's below 5'c at junctions aswell....only coz I can't fell the clutch with a numb hand. :smt003

Welcome and roll on the SUMMER!!
rotfl!

greetings mr needles.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
BigNinjaDave
My Bike: ZXR636, ZXR400

Post by BigNinjaDave »

Needlesvii wrote:My bike seems to need a lot of work. I was under the On the subject of cold weather running for our bikes, have any of you got any tips? (apart from a warm garage) I just wanna get round the problem of the constant stalling-it only happens in the cold.
Rich.
Hi Rich,

A few of my mates swear by using higher RON fuel like shell optimax during the winter months. I remember reading an artical somewhere about carb icing, I'll have a hunt for it tonight.