Hi guys'n'gals

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

smoggy
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono

Hi guys'n'gals

Post by smoggy »

Hi, just registered. I think I may need info, advice and encouragement. I've owned my 750 h2 for around 25 years ( never did like to part with things ). It used to be my main bike, but got retired 10 years ago when I fell for a young Italian, well it was then. It's sat in the back of the garage,unloved, while others have come and gone. I've just dragged it back out and started to clean it up. At the moment it's in bits all over the floor. I've had the frame, swing arm and rear frame powder coated and was just putting the engine back in.
First problem is the 3 rear engine mounting adjusters. The manual says install the bottom rear engine bolt and torque the adjuster to tighten it against the fixed mount, all good there. It then says to torque the top left adjuster, this just pushes the engine hard against the right hand adjuster, which doesn't seem right. I would have expected to lake up the gap on both top adjusters then torque them. Anyone done this before, or got different info. Thanks.