Boo!

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Loopy
My Bike: tomos moped

Boo!

Post by Loopy »

Just having a nose around, had an RVF400 for many many years, sold it last year as I was bored, in the process of buying a 90 ZXR to rag around on. Would love an R1 but rich man need for that :lol:
I ride around wilts/hants/dorset/zommerzet area so maybe get to meet some of u guys n gals on here 8)

Last edited by Loopy on Mon May 02, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
138mph and it still goes :D

12.80 @ 107mph and still getting faster ;-)

UK's fastest bird 2007 & 2008 ~ zx12r 208mph

Post by Guest »

Well I'll talk to myself then, hardly pumping in here is it :roll:

test rode an old h1 or h2 whatever it is, was ok, not a patch on the rvf but cheap as chips so it'll do for this summer :D

maybe see some of u on the road, if anyone's actually alive in here :?
[/b]
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

I'm alive!!!!! :D

Welcome to the site!!!

There was a time a few years back when you'd have to log in 3 or 4 times per day or there'd be just too many posts to read back through!!!

I have to say i hardly check this section of the site, though.... :|

So why do you say the H model wasn't a patch on the RVF?

You missing the torque from that V4 that was, well, everywhere through the rev range?

ZXR's are the most track-focused of the 400s, and you have to work hard, but if you can do that it's a hell of a lot more involving and you can get some serious performance out of it - and it's faster, lighter, more powerful and bigger dimensionally than all the other 400s! 8)
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Anonymous wrote:Well I'll talk to myself then, hardly pumping in here is it :roll:

test rode an old h1 or h2 whatever it is, was ok, not a patch on the rvf but cheap as chips so it'll do for this summer :D

maybe see some of u on the road, if anyone's actually alive in here :?
[/b]
we're all out on our bikes chap so talk to yourself for a bit :lol: WELCOME
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome Loopy :D

Ive been out on my bike for the past 3 days and hardly got time to check this out..........and im out again tomorrow on the MayDay run, what a bummer this life is 8) :lol:

Since you got masterofinsanity.com going baz it seems weve had alot more members sign up :D
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

so there is life in here :lol:

I'd be out on my bike too but I've not got it yet and I'm working sun-tues :(

the zxr I rode felt slow compared to the rvf, there wasnt the frantic gear changing or feeling of excelleration u get with the rvf, but when I looked at the clock I was doing 95 without even trying :shock:

with the rvf anything about 6000rpm it was off like a rocket, very twitchy on the throttle, the zxr is much smoother so I guess u dont get that kinda rush, but did discover u need to be about 10,000rpm to hit the real power and its very easy to whazz up through the gears keeping it there :wink:

It is much slower to turn and like u say it needs ermmm 'man handling' round the bends, which is something I'm not used to. Although saying that, the rvf's sharpness un-nerved me so I think once I've got familliar with the zxr I'll find the longer wheel base/bigger bike feel much more confidence giving and will probably end up being smoother n faster round the bends.

Just takes a bit of getting used to and that enormous petrol tank I cant see over :oops:

I'm sure it wont take me too long to get the hang of it, only problem I have is stopping, very very tippy toes on the ground, need to drop the ride height so I've been told :?

ps..... got fed up with orange doing my head in

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

RobB wrote: Since you got masterofinsanity.co.uk going baz it seems weve had alot more members sign up :D
hopefully it'll get back up to speed again soon, noticed wer'e 2nd in the google search for zxr400 :D
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Blimey how tall are you loopy? are you a pigmy?? :lol:

Funny cos i had a go of me mates VFR today, and f*** i was surprised at how quick it is. Its got some proper grunt down low and seemed to get to 120 easy, thing is tho im sure the ZXR is quicker, just it has to work alot harder to get there. Sounds bloody gorgeous too. Not the bike for me cos im a kwak man, im 6ft1 (man it was uncomfy) and its a honda :P

But i have to say i was pleasantly surprised.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

I think the speed sensation thing could be more to do with the bike age.

Older bikes feel like they're doing 200mph and about to take off, then you look down and see 90mph on the clock - whereas on a ZX9-R you'll be cruising in a 60mph zone then realise you're doing closer to 160!!!

Although the ZXR hasn't changed much in design over the years, i think it was just that much ahead of the other 400s that the whole package feels much newer.

I've gotta disagree about it being hard to corner on though - my first proper knee-down was on my VFR750 - then i took the ZXR out after and it seemed to fall onto my knees on every corner and stay there!!! :D

I'd say that if you think it's not cornering fast enough to amaze you, someone may have altered the setup... Dunno if the standard setup is still on this site, but someone should have it for you to check against.
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

Loopy

Post by Loopy »

I'm tiny, dinky, wee little thing :cry: cant reach the ground on sod all apart from an 04 R1 but that's loadsa money :?

I'm sure once I've clocked up a few 1,000 miles on the zxr I'll be chucking her around which as much confidence as I had on the rvf. Thing that makes me chuckle the most about it is the engine, rvf's have sewing machines, zxr's have proper brum brum engines which made me ride at silly low rev's everywhere thinking I was screaming the nads off it, of course that's something else I'll have to get used to, the noise that is, not screaming the nads :lol:

cant wait to get it and just get out there :wink:

Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Just heard tonight that I can go pick my bike up whenever I want it as my mate now has his new wheels 8)

I'm sooooooooo happy :D

Hopefully I'll manage to blag a lift down there from one of me mates and get it Friday :wink:

Anyone in Hants/Wilts/Dorset/Somerset see a white n green H model zxr wobbling around that'll be me :oops:

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Long as its wobbling and not scraping :lol:
kb-zxr

Post by kb-zxr »

RobB wrote:Long as its wobbling and not scraping :lol:
Yeah leave that to the pro 8)

Welcome Loopy, useful place this.

-Kurt (sultan of slide)
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Got it :D

put piccy in the gallery, only photo I've got so it'll have to do :wink:

will be out playing 2moro in the sunshine whilst ur all at work :lol:

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

you're a SHE? sweet! nice bike you got there!!