Welcome a new addict into the house ;)

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Bleary Mctavern
My Bike: ZXR 400 H1

Welcome a new addict into the house ;)

Post by Bleary Mctavern »

Hi all!

I'm Sam. I've been thinking about joining up for a while and finally decided it's probably a good idea. Hope you're all well..

So, I passed my full UK motorcycle test in May 2010, after reluctantly selling my beloved first bike (CBR 125 '07), I didn't feel quite ready to hop straight on a (at the time massive 600cc) so thought I'd be sensible and go for a more docile 400cc. And along came this baby.

1989 H1 Model, Single seat conversion, BOS End Can (very loud :smt007 ) Black + dark grey patterned Re spray job, I'm pretty confident it's been done since the bike left the factory. As a result I instantly loved it and was over there within 24 hours making a sale.. Rode off happy as larry..

Short lived... Bike broke down later on that year, and She's only just been put back on the road after discovering problem after problem after problem, however she unexpectedly passed the MOT last month and I'm now just plugging the last few holes and problems. I understand completely why people fall in love with these.. I did!

Thanks for reading :) Sam
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Welcome a new addict into the house ;)

Post by KwakKwak »

Bleary Mctavern wrote:after discovering problem after problem after problem
:pmsl :pmsl Nobody is going to believe that a ZXR could possibly be giving you these headaches, tell the truth, it runs sweet 100% of the time and never tests your patience. Read through the forum, no problems here, basically just praise and endless joy :smt002
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Proper hello and introduction................. goodpost and wlcum
Bleary Mctavern
My Bike: ZXR 400 H1

Post by Bleary Mctavern »

Thankyou for the welcome guys, looks like a good community here :)
KwakKwak wrote:
Bleary Mctavern wrote:after discovering problem after problem after problem
:pmsl :pmsl Nobody is going to believe that a ZXR could possibly be giving you these headaches, tell the truth, it runs sweet 100% of the time and never tests your patience. Read through the forum, no problems here, basically just praise and endless joy :smt002
Haha neither did I! However there's always one I suppose.. I have no idea what the previous owner was trying to acheive but everything on her has been messed with (as an example - even the performance brake + clutch levers have been ground down to fit... Pointless) but she's definately getting there. I have the carbs out as it stands and they're up on the bench in the lab. Aka the loft as I had to replace them after busting the originals and I don't think the jetting is quite right on them for the system I have. So I'll probably be askin g for advice somewhere at some stage but cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks again! :smt020