Hello - Newbie

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

muttsnuts
My Bike: ZXR400H1

Hello - Newbie

Post by muttsnuts »

Hi Guys and Gals, just joined your forum as I am building a special based upon a ZXR400H1 and need to sort out some info etc for the basic bike.

I own a good number of bikes, predominately 2 strokes (Yamaha's - sorry ! :gamer :smt018 ) and an MV Agusta 750 Senna :excited .

I spend my days mainly restoring and repairing bikes, especially old ones and this little ZXR400 came up and I thought it would be the ideal pocket rocket for my project (which involves a 2 stroke engine and some special bits!) :smt017 :smt018

Anyway, I'll be looking to pick your brains for info on the chassis etc, I've had it on the frame jig already and found it was out by a good way, so its been straightened now and now I am looking to sort out the basics before getting into the meat of the project !

I will also be selling off a lot of the parts from the bike in the near future, so will be happy to let people on here have first dabs on stuff as I am not a lover of fleecebay, so if you have the need for some parts, keep your eye's open etc as I'll post them up for sale etc when I am sure I don't need the parts.

Oh yeah, I live in Malton (North Yorkshire), also if any of you frequent some of the 2 stroke forums then you may already know of me as I always use the same login name

Right, I'll get off and start researching stuff, I'll try not ask any silly questions before looking through your archives, but can't gaurentee I still won't ask some daft questions !! :wanker
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Hello - Newbie

Post by cargo »

goodpost

So far as I'm concerned with a proper introduction like that you can ask all the daft questions you like.

Welcome to ZXRworld.........................enjoy

Nothing wrong with a bit of dirty two stroke fun

:smt077
muttsnuts
My Bike: ZXR400H1

Re: Hello - Newbie

Post by muttsnuts »

Thanks, just rummaging around in the various posts, need to sort out the rolling chassis and make sure its going to handle as I want, the bike is going to be made into a streetfighter style bike as I am too old to be bent over all of the time, my wrists have seen too much action over the years !! - umm, just read that back, that doesn't sound very good does it !! :smt005 :tease :pmsl