Hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: Hello

Post by ross46 »

my bike atm runs lumpy as hell as the carbs arent set up properly, ironic isnt it? me and banner have both done guides on getting your carbs right and both of us need to do them :smt005 anyway, im just going to go through everything from the start- tank clean, decent fuel, clean fuel filter, hoses ok, fuel pump working, all seals in good condition, carbs clean, correct jets, carbs set, balanced, valve clearances, airfilter clean, all air seals good, carbs mounted correctly, no air leaks... and done! do all those things, with the possibility of valves reseated/lapped and it will be loooooovely. and just to avoid any confusion with a certain member- if you are going to lap or reseat the valves you will have to do the valve clearances afterwards as they will have changed after lapping or reseating the valves. Ross
Vaughn
My Bike: Zxr400

Post by Vaughn »

Sure wish there was a thanks button on this forum, so many people so
Much great help
Thanks all

Is lapping the same as reseating by the way??
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

no, lapping involves getting a grinding paste and taking of a small amount of metal so that the valve and seat fully seal. reseating is where the seats are either recut using special angled cutters or sometimes a new seat is pressed in