Hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Komp

Hello

Post by Komp »

Hello.

I'm a new member from South-London. Passed my ''restricted'' test about 3 months ago & getting a bike in the next few weeks, I'm stuck on choice with the 400s, Zxr & vfr i prefer the zxr modern looks but thats me.

Cheers.
Last edited by Komp on Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

you won't regret getting a zxr mate, i always liked the look of a vfr especially the rear end with the single sider, but they look tooo thin, the zxr has the short and stocky look and still looks a newish bike, i think the vfr looks a tad outdated now?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Komp

Post by Komp »

Plus i'm 6ft 2 & i heard the zxr is the biggest of the bunch. I was thinking of the RVF but then i notice i won't find one for under £2100ish.

Hopfully i will try to get it painted in kawa green.

Somthing like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-ZXR400-Z ... dZViewItem

Is the black on the rear a decal or painted? Can you get it as a decal?

Cheers.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

think you will find its painted but i believe you can get sticker boards from places like http://www.morgandesigns.com
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

i think the rvf/vfr has a better engine as far as torque is concerned, but if u know what you're doing and u get the zxr going, theres no comparison.

i had an rvf some years back, the sound they make is awesome but they are very small

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

VFR's are tiny, i went on my mates one, good engine but the seating position for me wasnt the best, mainly cos im 6'1" i guess.

That number board is a sticker, ive got an SP seat uni on my ZXR and its one big decal. But there no reason why you can get it sprayed on :)
Komp

Post by Komp »

Yer i'm going to get one of those rear seat unit makes it feel more sporty :smt003 How much do they go for?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I picked mine up for, if i remember correctly, 120 quid in all from Ebay. Thats a proper genuine Kawasaki seat unit also. I remember 2 was on Ebay once at the same time, they didnt even get any bids :| Coulda picked em both up for 50 quid between em.

You can get an aftermarket one for 100 quid from Demon Tweeks, which is what i got fir my first ZXR but they dont fit all that great and you need to cut em in places so they fit. Also they need spraying.

To tell the difference between a proper kwak unit and an after market one is where the bottom meets the frame underneath the tank and by the fuel tap. On a proper kwak SP unit it doesnt, and you can see the fuel tap in all its glory (like mine, see signature). And aftermarket one is just liek the standard part in that it goes right upto the frame and the fuel tap is recessed into the plastic. :)

Might also wanna look at zxr400er's zxr seat unit, his was 60 quid i believe and he has the number to call. ;)
Komp

Post by Komp »

Cheers mate very helpful, i'll keep that in mind when buying one. Like the bike too :smt002