ZXR DOESNT WANNA START!!!:(

Moderator: Moderators

UNLUCKIEST_zxr
My Bike: zxr400

ZXR DOESNT WANNA START!!!:(

Post by UNLUCKIEST_zxr »

i have a problem as my name suggests yet another one deristricted my bike but now everytime i go to start her she doesnt wanna start until about 5-10 minutes later of trying and then it will start right up
it wont even try starting until then and of course is running my battery quite flat
didnt kno if it was getting petrol????
even after a ride go back to her 5 mins later and she'll do it again confuddled vsad
please any help is desperately needed as its used every day

thanks alot guys
Dan
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: ZXR DOESNT WANNA START!!!:(

Post by RedexRobB »

Hi Dan

How are you starting the bike? Is the choke on full? Do you give it any throttle?

I take it when you goto start the bike, its first thing in the morning? Its possible the battery is very cold, and after trying to start your bike the battery warms up a bit and works a bit better. What id do is take the battery out and leave it in the house overnight and put it back in in the morning and see how it is starting.

May even be carb icing in which case you can get stuff to put in the fuel.
carsounds_dan
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by carsounds_dan »

unless during the de-restriction the throttle cable ended up getting re-routed wrong meaning its constantly open a little bit.. meaning that over night you flood you engine.. might be worth a look.
The bike only goes as fast as you want it to...
...i know, it's great :D
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

If it was ok before you de-restricted it then I'd suggest that you have done something wrong when you put it back together.
Retrace you steps and check everything that you moved or touched during the de-restriction process