Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

everything you need to know here

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/L%20M ... er%204.pdf

page 4

:smt001

To measure the size of the shims you need a set of vernier calipers, and to measure the clearance on the valve you need feeler gauges.
insurerman
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by insurerman »

Ok, but does being 0.05 ml make that much of a difference?? To be honest its starting to pi*s me off a little now and i might just take it to a garage mate.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Only do them if they need doing, no point in making work for yourself. Thats why you need to check the clearances to see if they need doing. But i thought we determined thats what the problem was?
insurerman

Post by insurerman »

Well Rob, the problem is there is no shims in the engine at all matey...lol
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

ohhhhhhhhh!

Ahhh, i dont know how you would do it then without some shims already in there. Cargo, we need your help mate!
dan76

Post by dan76 »

i think the problem is the pump. i put the old one on and the hot startin problem came back but it went well when it did go. the old one pulsed as it is supposed to except when it wouldn't start and the newer one was pulsing faster forcing too much fuel into the carbs. keeping the revs up burns off the excess fuel, or at least thats what i think. i'll know better when i get a new pump and in the mean time i just have to ride with the revs up, excellent excuse :smt003
ride it like you stole it
insurerman

Post by insurerman »

Hi guys its poor old me again!! I'm afraid my 2nd engine that i have tried to rebuild is now fooked!! Does anyone have another engine complete for sale please. This all happened courtesy of a member of this site fooking me up the rear by selling me a knackered engine in the 1st place so i'm really strapped on cash now so as cheap as you could possibly manage please!! :smt010 :smt010 :smt010