Revs

Moderator: Moderators

icklelea
My Bike: tomos moped

Revs

Post by icklelea »

Ok i had my bike serviced a couple of months ago (absolutley no probs before this) on getting her back any time i drove around in low gears, particularly when going fast whenever i stopped it would sit at 2000rpm after about 30 seconds it would drop back down to 1000. iv sent it into my local garage who said it was my restrictors causing a blockage.

iv taken them out now and the problem is worse!!! every time i stopped or slowed down it would sit at 2000 and on one or two occasions where i had been going over a tonne it would rev at 4000 before dropping back down?!?!

shes driving herself!!! if i go into second gear, let my clutch out she drives on her own (no accelerator) at about 15-20 mph!!!

ooo and she was a bit tempramental when i tried starting her after going to petrol station, i got her going and she was really chuggy (but revving at 2000) so i opened up the choke and the revs dropped and then she died. i tried again... same again?!

so... what do i do now?!!? im sorely tempted to take it back to the garage and get them to sort it consdiering they charged me £50 to tell me it was my restrictors - which it obv wasnt!! but i think they're a bunch of idiots!!

help!!!
kwakbiker
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by kwakbiker »

Sounds like its now over fuelling, take it to another shop and ask to have the carbs balanced and the pilot screws set to normal :smt001
Own the best-Kawafuckinsaki
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

check your throttle return cable is 1 in existence and 2 not frayed or sticking.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.