starter probs

Moderator: Moderators

tomzxr400
My Bike: tomos moped

starter probs

Post by tomzxr400 »

ive recently stripped my bike and gave her a new clutch , oil , chain and sprocket and exhaust system i had trouble starting before i took it to bits but every now and then it would be fine but now it wont start via the start button at all i here a clickin but thats it so i bumped it and she went first time without any effort rode ok for the first min then cut out and was a bitch to start and when i got her goin she sounded realy rough and i had o keep the throttle wide open for ages before it even moved off the spot and cut out when eva i pulled the clutch in even at 50 mph help!!!!!! need her fixin weather is spot on at last please help!!!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

get a new battery m8.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
tomzxr400

Post by tomzxr400 »

can the battery cause it to run rough ? its an l4 if it helps
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

Aye, it can cause a whole host of problems if batteries knackered, And also with the problems you've described, it's the easiest point to start your problem testing.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
tomzxr400

Post by tomzxr400 »

ive ordered a new batt and al see how it goes any other ideas its just how she runs that botherin me bumped first time runs great then a min later shes ruff as fck can the batt sort this out or is more likly to be a relay or somethin