Starting Problems

Moderator: Moderators

veg_racer
My Bike: tomos moped

Starting Problems

Post by veg_racer »

Ok... i have fixed the little problem i had, but have been presented with a new one! when i turn my bike over i can hear it trying to fire but it doesnt quite start. the only way i gan get it to start is to very very slowly open the throttle until it fires, if i open the throttle too quickly it stop firing. it's had new plugs and an oil change but it has been stood in the rain for 4 months. it has been suggested to me that it may be the HT leads or the coil. what do you guys think??? would be greatful for any advice! cheers Ant.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have you checked for rusty earth leads from the battery?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
veg_racer

Yes

Post by veg_racer »

Yeah i've checked those and theyre fine. any other ideas??
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

i've just had a pig of a job recently trying to get mine going after it was stood for 10 months, i would have suggested new plugs but you've done that, is the fuel getting to the plugs?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

What about old fuel?

Make sure your getting a nice spark by testing the plugs aswell.

Also, not that i know how to adjust, but what about the fuel mixture? Its not running rich is it? And the air filter, is it clean?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

get ya self a spare plug and test each lead one by one to see if they are sparking, this will eliminate the coils or leads
veg_racer

Thanks

Post by veg_racer »

Ok Thanks guys i'll give that a crack when i get home tonight and i'll let you know how i get on.