which pipes go where?

Moderator: Moderators

JoeZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400SP

which pipes go where?

Post by JoeZXR »

iv had a search around on the forum but can seem to find any clear directions on what pipes go where on the airbox/tank :smt009

first the pipe coming from the left side of the airbox, should it dangle freely on its own? as far as i know this is a water collection pipe and should just drip the water onto the road as it fills up, or should it be bunged and cleared every week or two?

next is the little nipple on the lower right hand side of the tank, is this just an overflow pipe that should hang down?

and finally the pipe going from crankcase to right hand side of airbox, is this crucial? currently i have an air filter on the crank case and a bung in the airbox

banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: which pipes go where?

Post by banner001 »

JoeZXR wrote:iv had a search around on the forum but can seem to find any clear directions on what pipes go where on the airbox/tank :smt009

first the pipe coming from the left side of the airbox, should it dangle freely on its own? as far as i know this is a water collection pipe and should just drip the water onto the road as it fills up, or should it be bunged and cleared every week or two?

next is the little nipple on the lower right hand side of the tank, is this just an overflow pipe that should hang down?

and finally the pipe going from crankcase to right hand side of airbox, is this crucial? currently i have an air filter on the crank case and a bung in the airbox

ok :D

left side of airbox, should have a bung in the bottom, its a water drain from the airbox.

right hand side of the airbox, it should have a crankcase breather hose, allows the crankcase to not pressurise and gets a small amount of oil up into the top of the airbox...dont know if its necessary but it is supposed to be there.

the nipple on the right hand side of the fuel tank is the fuel tank breather hose, i route mine down into the metal loop inside the fairing by the toe of your right foot...if you get me.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
syihabuddin
My Bike: L9

Post by syihabuddin »

Banner has everything spot on. But i would believe that the tiny nipple on the tank is just for routing water from the top of your tank.

As in when it rains, water enters from the top of your tank and instead of going inside, it goes though and out through that nipple. Or maybe for tank overfills.

I might be wrong though so correct me please if I am.
JoeZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400SP

Post by JoeZXR »

thanks for the advice :)

well it looks like i have everything in place then!

just need a little bung for my moisture collection biggrin