Not starting,no spark

Moderator: Moderators

wylder
My Bike: tomos moped

Not starting,no spark

Post by wylder »

Hi there my ZX4 just cut off and wont start,changed coils,cdi,pick up,plugs and still no spark can anyone please advise
what it can be or what i must do.really new to this.checked wiring and there is power to the coils and everywhere else vsad
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Not starting,no spark

Post by banner001 »

if your battery is good find your starter relay (left hand side, under the rear panel, close to the battery), take a screwdriver and whilst insulating your hand use the screwdriver to short over the two large outside connectors (one has the thick wire coming directly from the battery), this should send power directly to your starter motor...if it doesnt turn then either the starter motor or starter relay is definitely dead.

if it now turns then your starter relay is dead, i have one, £15 delivered to the UK.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
syihabuddin
My Bike: L9

Re: Not starting,no spark

Post by syihabuddin »

Had the same problem before with lots of assistance from the guys here.

I trust you've checked everything? I mean EVERYTHING as per listed in the diagram in the manual?

You're saying it cranks but no spark right? What I did was unplug every single connector and replugged it back it. Turns out it was a dodgy connection somewhere, cept I don't exactly know where. vsad

But it, it starts now! smiler