Flat spots?? :(

Moderator: Moderators

JoeZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400SP

Flat spots?? :(

Post by JoeZXR »

Im having a problem with flat spots in my rev range :(

it revs fine and smoothly if im gentle with it and dont rag it everywhere, but the moment i wrap it back its goes fine till 8k then bogs down then shoot to 12k then bogs again and shoots to 14k, then when i change gear trying to stay in the powerband between 12-14 it just bogs down as soon as i change gear and then shoot off as soon as i change my throttle position slightly, also the bike has been known to do 143mph top end, where as i can get to around 115 then it bogs that much i cant go any faster even though i can feel the bike trying to pull but it just wont go :smt009

feels asif the throttle is out of sync with the revs or something

personally i think this means the carbs need professionally balancing? any other suggestions?

sorry im a noob to big 4stroke bikes confuddled
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Re: Flat spots?? :(

Post by R P Corse »

We all start somewhere mate, in my opinion you have hit the nail on the head with with carbs needing to be balanced, try balancing your carbs - its easy enough to do yourself!

I'd clean the carbs first, make sure all the floats are at correct levels, screws/jets are at the amount of turns out and then balance the carbs from there

To balance carbs is easy, sync 1 and 2 together, then 3 and 4, then you wana sync both pairs together.
JoeZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400SP

Post by JoeZXR »

okay thank you!

I think ill just get someone to do them for me cant be that expensive, im not very keen on making my bike unrideable because iv messed them up or something haha

thank you again!
Robbie
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Robbie »

sounds like its getting starved of fuel.
try cleaning carbs, checking no kinks in fuel line,change fuel filter.