starting problem

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400ninja
My Bike: zxr400

starting problem

Post by zxr400ninja »

hi i have a zxr400 l and it doesnt start off the button it has a new battery on (ive even tried a 3rd to make sure it was not the battery i have had a new starter on it. but when you go to start it it just sort of buzzes but nothing really happens i tried arcing out the solonoid but still nothing and cleaned the earth up and it still wont start any ideas ? cheers
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: starting problem

Post by CaNsA »

Can you bump start it?

Tried a different solenoid?

Tried a different starter motor?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
zxr400ninja
My Bike: zxr400

Post by zxr400ninja »

bumps off fine and yes have tried another starter but if the solonoid was faulty arcing it out should start it ?
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

If the solenoid was faulty, you could short it all you want.... It would still be faulty.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
the-honk-bonk
My Bike: zxr 400 h2

Post by the-honk-bonk »

I have this problem too, just back after a holiday, bike started first time. then the next day, nothing but a buzzing/fast clicking noise from the solenoid. i also see the revv counter go up wen i try to start, yet the starter doesnt even run...im working on it at the moment so if i discover something ill post it up, unless someone has an idea about this.
Try all possible methods then adopt the best one.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

the-honk-bonk wrote:I have this problem too, just back after a holiday, bike started first time. then the next day, nothing but a buzzing/fast clicking noise from the solenoid. i also see the revv counter go up wen i try to start, yet the starter doesnt even run...im working on it at the moment so if i discover something ill post it up, unless someone has an idea about this.

flat battery
thomas.dalton3
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by thomas.dalton3 »

I had the problem with the really fast clicking noise when I took out the starter moter for a service. turns out it was just a bad earth connection to the starter motor.