won't start!

Moderator: Moderators

sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Down on the ignition plate is a black box which sends a pulse to the coils telling them to spark its worth a stab but this sounds a bit funny what did your electrician play with to get it started or was it a fluke

Next to the clutch housing is a cover right at the bottom of the crank

Mike where do you live in the world some one on here might live around the corner and might swap parts but i would start with that sensor if it was me sorry dont have a spare L model sensor

Has the ECU ever got wet or looks rusty inside i box mine up when it gets wets i cant go over 50 then it stars back firing bit like it gone down on to 2 spark plugs but just trace all wires push and clean and just write down what you have and havent checked

But i would post where i live roughly if you 10 minutes from me i sort it tommorow it would only take a hour at the most to change the lot over coils / ecu/ ignitor trigger/
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

On the home page on this site go to MICROFICHE and click on L model and then on ignition

And the ignitor has a number beside it which is 59026

Hope that helps

Sloweracing

all new website
angry mike
My Bike: 05' ZX-636R

Post by angry mike »

well basically it was a fluke when it started so the electrics showed up fine. i live on the isle of wight and there aren't many other zxr's here. my mates got one but its in for an mot which has taken 3 weeks so far!!!

will i have to take the lower fairing off to get to this sensor thingy? its the right hand side yeah?
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

I have a race bike so i think the fairings are different but i would say yes to the fairing

Lower fairing off

And it is on the Right hand side as you are sitting on the bike its just a thought but it would make sense

I would wait till your mates bike comes back and swap the ECU over if still no joy i would say it might be the ignition sensor down on the crank
some one i know had this problem no spark tried every thing then narrowed it down to that they just break down and pack up but try the ecu first or find a second hand sensor to try

http://www.bartonmotors.co.uk if you dont have a breakers near