This is becoming interesting

Moderator: Moderators

zxrob
My Bike: zxr400, zxr750,, zx9r

This is becoming interesting

Post by zxrob »

Right

I recently bought my L1 as a track bike, had it for a couple of months before trying it out

Issue 1
First blast up the road, pulled ok in 1st to 4th, bogging down in 5th/6th. took the airbox off, no air filter, cleaned the carbs up while I was at it, airbox had been mullered so got another one with k & n , its running with dynojet needles and #96 main jets, put it all back together, quick blast up the raod and it ran as lumpy as fook, took the snorkel off, another blast up the road, much better just flat spot between 4-6k, hopefully a bit of dyno time will get it right

Issue 2
Battery not charging, meter shows 12.5 volts and drops 12.3 volts when running, change the regulator, no difference, now looking for problem, suspect alternator ?????????. In the meantime whilst looking for wiring fault noticed this on the cdi, there is a wire run from the smaller plug connector and is wired (was soldered) into the browm wire in the larger connector with what looks like a small "transister" in line

Any pointers as to problems/wiring with issue 2

Rob

zxrob

Re: This is becoming interesting

Post by zxrob »

BUMP

Any ideas

Rob
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Something similar is done to a sv650 to remove the rev limiter.

Maybe this is the same sort of thing. Can you rev it past 14,500rpm?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
zxrob

Post by zxrob »

CaNsA wrote:Something similar is done to a sv650 to remove the rev limiter.

Maybe this is the same sort of thing. Can you rev it past 14,500rpm?
Spoke to a mate who had a vfr400 and had the same on his, to bypass the rev limiter, however mine has got the blue m box on it which I thought was unresrticted

Any Ideas on why its not charging

Cheers

Rob
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

your right a blue M box has no restriction it does however have a rev limiter at 14500 approx
zxrob

Post by zxrob »

cargo wrote:your right a blue M box has no restriction it does however have a rev limiter at 14500 approx
Thanks for confirming that

Any ideas on the non charging

Cheers

Rob
cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Post by cdstirland81 »

go to http://www.zxrworld.co.uk home page and look up the manual, solder up the wiring following the wiring diagram as per your model, then you know the wiring is ok, then follow the manual for testing the various components, i had non charging issues in the summer and doing the above logically found my problem. i'm sure if you get some spurious results, the lads on here can point you in the right direction!

thats a resistor soldered in there, on that pink wire, is that not a speedo (180kmh) restriction bypass? could it be an import loom and de-restricted cdi?
does it have ignition barrel? correct me if i'm wrong, but don't "L" models need a resistor in the works if you bin the ignition barrel? (i'm sure i read that somewhere?)
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
zxrob

Post by zxrob »

Ok

sorted the charging fault, coroded wire in the loom, thanks for your help folks

Rob