Oil on the frame.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Oil on the frame.

Post by Scott221 »

Ive noticed a build up of oil marks around the certain area of frame near where the swingarm nuts are.

Those are the areas where the oil is and it looks like the colour of brake fluid. Its on both sides but moreon the left.
One life, Live it!
crushedlizard
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Re: Oil on the frame.

Post by crushedlizard »

I get a greasy brown mark appear on the left side of the frame sometimes, I guess because the stand leans that side. I hope it's just toad being washed out or something but I suspect it will be something catastrophic. Also, if I turn my fuel tap to the off position, fuel pisses out!? :smt005

But anyway, can you not trace the trail to it's source? If it's too dirty - clean the whole area and wait for it to happen again. To be honest, this is pretty terrible advice as something could fail whilst waiting for it to happen again!

I'm going to overhaul my bike and try to cure its many ailments this weekend. I'll let you know if/when I find the source of my 'stain'.

Don't these bikes remind you of the good old RS? :smt002
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Scott221 »

crushedlizard wrote:Don't these bikes remind you of the good old RS? :smt002
Cheers for that, i'll have a look. These bikes are abit temperamental, yeah!
One life, Live it!
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

you sure its oil rather than just road crap? have you got a cover over the front sprocket?
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/